Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension for 99 2.5TD  (Read 1355 times)

Autographix NI

• Co Down N IRELAND
    • 99 Carbon Wrapped 2.5 td
    • View Profile
Re: Suspension for 99 2.5TD
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2014, 17:35:00 »

any help greatly appreciated .

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2014, 19:34:21 »

Personally I'd either go for MV6 or Eibach Springs and Bilstein B4 shocks. Irmscher and Steinmetz springs are very rare to find.

Got Eibach (-30mm) springs and B4's on my 3.2 and it handles fantastically.... downside is that if you want to carry any weight you'll be kissing speed humps.

...and got genuine MV6 LSC (-15mm) springs and Bilstein B4 shocks on my 2.6 and that's very tidy handling (although it does need some better tyres on it  ::)) with the advantage I can have the boot fully loaded with work junk!

I presume because of the weight of the engine you will have to use springs specified for a V6.

EDIT: I should add that I have a set of -40mm PI springs in the shed but they are far to soft for my liking and cause you grief running over anything more than a twig.

« Last Edit: 17 July 2014, 19:37:10 by VXL V6 »

Autographix NI

• Co Down N IRELAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2014, 04:20:47 »

thanks for the info VXL V6 after much consideration i am going to go MV6 springs n Bilstein B4s , now am wondering can MV6 springs still be got new from Vauxhall ? Extortionately expensive ? most probably

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2014, 07:44:54 »

Mv6 springs are N/A last i heard.

According to that link. Only Eibach list the TD. So I guess that's your decision made. No?

From what I heard of TheBoys escapades lifting a TD engine out of an omega with the same engine crane I have hear that was used to lift a v6 out of an omega on my drive, I think its safe to say that the TD is considerably heavier than the v6 anyway.

You need the correct springs for your engine weight. (That of a small planet ;D )

It's quite concerning that a few of those manufacturers only specify the year and body shape. :o

Autographix NI

• Co Down N IRELAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2014, 21:29:02 »

Mv6 springs are N/A last i heard.

According to that link. Only Eibach list the TD. So I guess that's your decision made. No?

From what I heard of TheBoys escapades lifting a TD engine out of an omega with the same engine crane I have hear that was used to lift a v6 out of an omega on my drive, I think its safe to say that the TD is considerably heavier than the v6 anyway.

You need the correct springs for your engine weight. (That of a small planet ;D )

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefixsbc.asp?page=3&make=VAUXHALL&model=OMEGA&ProdGroup=Performance%20Suspension&ProdSubGroup=Lowering%20Springs

check out the "Pro Sport" springs these people claim these are for TD but are only £67.20 , bargain of the century or waste of time ?

It's quite concerning that a few of those manufacturers only specify the year and body shape. :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.