Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: testing vacuum pipes on V6  (Read 626 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
testing vacuum pipes on V6
« on: 25 April 2008, 14:51:18 »

periodically I have a go at faulting my car as per the guides/ suggestions on here. I have always (well for several years) felt that there is something wrong with it as it doesn't accelerate very well and sounds rough building up speed.(like it is retarded or misfiring under load only) It will however cruise all day at 120kph on the motorways up and downhill.

Yesterday I thought I would check the vacuum tubes that operate the rams etc. I couldn't find any splits nor loose tubes. I tried sucking and blowing through tubes with the other end still connected and was surprised that there was little or no resistance. Is that normal?

Any suggestions for a vacuum checking process?

varche

PS The car has had breathers cleaned, cam cover gaskets changed then new DIS, new plugs and leads, ICV cleaned as per guides. I wonder if the new Autovaux leads have failed? Maybe it is the crank or one of the cam sensors on the blink - none have been changed ever on the car which has now done maybe 135,000 miles

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.