Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Worn Front Tires inner Side  (Read 9338 times)

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
Re: Worn Front Tires inner Side
« Reply #60 on: 21 January 2020, 18:51:03 »

Now working with rear side adjustment rod. I do not know the name of that rod but last time when I was in geometry check that rod was that corroded that it did not turn. How do you call it, beam rod??. What is adjusted with it? Rear toe or what? I try to make it turn. If no succeeded is it a bad job to take away? Wheel side is already dissassembled. Is the bolt in frame side difficult to take away. It looks a bit strange out after 20 years.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 21 January 2020, 19:40:36 »

Now working with rear side adjustment rod. I do not know the name of that rod but last time when I was in geometry check that rod was that corroded that it did not turn. How do you call it, beam rod??. What is adjusted with it? Rear toe or what? I try to make it turn. If no succeeded is it a bad job to take away? Wheel side is already dissassembled. Is the bolt in frame side difficult to take away. It looks a bit strange out after 20 years.

Rear tie rods...

To make them move, remove,, put in vice, heat till red hot,  undo, it may need to be undone by going back and forth,  strip down quench in waste oil re-assmble with lots of anti seize grease.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 21 January 2020, 19:48:37 »

The inner bolt will be tight, and the left hand one is a bit fiddly to access, but can be done with the car on axle stands ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 22 January 2020, 17:50:02 »

Thanks for comments, I am working in right side. Succeeded to screw out everything else away than the inner part. Thread is OK. Perhaps I buy a new one and screw it there...

I am a bit afraid when trying to disassemble the inner part. Perhaps nut can be opened but is the bolt totally corroded to the inner metal part of the bushing? Then it becomes complicated when working on the floor.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 22 January 2020, 18:01:02 »

Thanks for comments, I am working in right side. Succeeded to screw out everything else away than the inner part. Thread is OK. Perhaps I buy a new one and screw it there...

I am a bit afraid when trying to disassemble the inner part. Perhaps nut can be opened but is the bolt totally corroded to the inner metal part of the bushing? Then it becomes complicated when working on the floor.
Use a drift and a hammer... Also, once you have freed the outer end, swing the arm down and use the leverage to free the inner bush once the nut is undone ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.