Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Door Puddle Light Problem

(1/8) > >>

Lizzie Zoom:
I have had a problem with the drivers door puddle light not coming on due to a faulty pillar switch which I am sorting out.

However, now all the puddle lights do not come on no matter what door is opened.  Now I have looked at the fuse list in the manual as I am sure I have blown a fuse. But, none is listed for the puddle lights.  All the interior courtesy lights are working, so that rules out the circuits coupled with fuses for them.  So, please, what fuse could it be? Any ideas? ??? ???

Thanks  ;)

amba:
I have a funny feeling similar happened to mine when I was upgrading them to LED bulbs.
If my memory ..which isnt great  :D..seems to recall if 1 bulb is out they are all out .Ideally put a meter across the 2 metal tabs in the lamp holder to check you are getting power as remember they are on a timer and if you have had any door open for any length of time they will be timed out.
Try shutting door/lock and unlock car and open door and see if they illuminate :y

amba:
Just had a closer look at manual Lizzie and door puddle lights are on fuse #7 in compartment under steering wheel.
Worth having a look at that 1  :y

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: amba on 15 August 2019, 13:55:44 ---Just had a closer look at manual Lizzie and door puddle lights are on fuse #7 in compartment under steering wheel.
Worth having a look at that 1  :y

--- End quote ---

Thanks amba for all your suggestions.  I will now look and check that out :-* 8) :y :y

Lizzie Zoom:
I have just checked the fuse and #7 is fine. :y

However amba, I pulled out the door bulb holder and found the thing has broken in two, so the bulb was too loose to make good contact, especially every time I slammed the door shut! ::) ::)

Now, if anyone can supply me with a new 2003 F/S door puddle light unit I would greatly appreciate it and of course make payment via Paypal??

As for the other lights not working; that is a bit of a mystery and your comment on that amba could be on the right track.  Now I do not think I am dreaming, but I m sure that when I opened the drivers door the other puddle lights came on.  Now they only do if I open each door in turn.

Am I finally cracking up? ::) ::) :P :P  Am I dreaming about that one? ??? ??? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version