Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brackley Meet May 2019 photos  (Read 27125 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Meet May 2019 photos
« Reply #30 on: 11 May 2019, 09:40:25 »

:o Wow that's impressive. That must be the best rust filter I've ever seen  ::) :D
The grass on the bank looks rusty  :P

great photo though TB  :)
that's a nice toy to get such a clear photo
Its not a still photo, its a frame from a video stream from a Runcam-HD (Go-Pro type action cam, only shaped more suitably for this application) - the silver box strapped to the top front on in Ianu's picture of it.  The actual onboard camera used for FPV flying is much lower quality (both in actual spec, and the end result), so grabbing frames from that is less clear, plus it has all the telemetry data splashed all over it.  If I'd remembered to take the lens cap off that camera (I was "doing a Terbs" and forgot), I could show you the side by side differences.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 May 2019, 09:59:28 »

so, not an off the shelf toy then,
you've been adding extra parts etc
my cousin in wales builds and races expensive "drones"
and crashes them  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 May 2019, 09:32:40 »

so, not an off the shelf toy then,
you've been adding extra parts etc
my cousin in wales builds and races expensive "drones"
and crashes them  ;D
That one is a custom build, based on a Team Blacksheep Source One 7" frame and running iNav.  Thus hopeless for racing. Its more of a mid range easy flyer.  I'd guessed some people would want a go with it, so I brought the easiest to fly :), even if the gusty nature of the wind that day was causing a lot of buffeting.

One of the many others I have is a 5" with faster motors, running Betaflight.  Flat out, that's beyond my limits of flying - you can get in a whole lot of trouble in incredibly short periods of time...   ...racing quads needs the reactions of a teenager, and in my case, not helped by being prone to motion sickness, or my inability to stay standing when I have the goggles on ;D
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 May 2019, 10:00:59 »

Its not a still photo, its a frame from a video stream from a Runcam-HD ........

Very clear image quality, given the height.  :y 

I'd guessed some people would want a go with it, so I brought the easiest to fly .....

I used to help my son build those fast RC cars when he belonged to a RC club. When I had a go with them, the RC car going away from you was easy to control, as left is left and right is right. However, when it's coming back towards you, things can get messy.   ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 May 2019, 10:16:09 »

I used to help my son build those fast RC cars when he belonged to a RC club. When I had a go with them, the RC car going away from you was easy to control, as left is left and right is right. However, when it's coming back towards you, things can get messy.   ::)
I used to do cars - mostly offroad electric, but some offroad nitro - back in the Kyosho Optima and Schumacher CAT days, and was a committee member of the Aylesbury off road club.  I used to enjoy the racing, but often missed my heats, due to either having to do the counting, or helping some of the younger members.  I eventually slowly gave it up, as to remain competitive meant a fortune on batteries and motors every 2 or 3 weeks.  I still keep in touch with some of the other guys who used to run it.

I still had most of my old cars and gear up until the garage incident.
Grumpy old man

luizvivas

• Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
  • 92/93 Toulon Green 1-5-3-6-2-4
    • Omega CD 3.0 Turbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 October 2019, 16:07:21 »

The only one I took (well, frame grabbed from video)

So the drone was used for photography, and it was yours! Excellent shot, especially if it's a frame from a video sequence! It demonstrates how much progress has been made in this field. Health and safety regulations must restrict where you can fly them, your shot is taken from above the bank.

Congratulations on the beautiful machines! I really liked the photos taken by the drone. Soon we plan to add photos like this to the meetings here.
 :y :y :y :y