Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Can I plug an Omega CCR 2006 radio into a Vectra?

(1/5) > >>

terry paget:
2008 Vectra 1.8 petrol manual
I like playing tapes in my car. I hoped I could replace the Vectra radio/CD player with an Omega CCR 2006 radio/CD/tape player. It fits the aperture all right, but the connections are not the same. Are there adapters available?

dave the builder:
 the vec c is Quadlock Connection (like astra H)
you could convert to single din and fit a cheap tape player
this kit converts the dash and wiring to standard ISO (2 x 8 pin plugs , 1 for speakers, 1 for power etc )
kit clicky £17

but you would loose steering wheel volume control etc and less functions on the display (just time and date and outside temp  :-\

you can get adapters to retain steering wheel audio controls IF you have a compatible aftermarket head unit

got any old tape player radios single din ?

Andy B:
What's a tape?  ::) ::) ::)

terry paget:

--- Quote from: dave the builder on 30 June 2019, 12:18:29 --- the vec c is Quadlock Connection (like astra H)
you could convert to single din and fit a cheap tape player
this kit converts the dash and wiring to standard ISO (2 x 8 pin plugs , 1 for speakers, 1 for power etc )
kit clicky £17

but you would loose steering wheel volume control etc and less functions on the display (just time and date and outside temp  :-\

you can get adapters to retain steering wheel audio controls IF you have a compatible aftermarket head unit

got any old tape player radios single din ?

--- End quote ---
Thanks for advice, Dave.
I have ten or so old car radios on a shelf. including two with tape players and 12 disc CD players, all old style connections, presumably single DIN. My 2000 PFL Omega estate has the original radio unit with radio, cassette player, 6  disc magazine CD player, and phone, all still working, along with computer data display. I have not yet mastered the Vectra steering wheel controls as I have no handbook yet.

Doctor Gollum:
£5 on ebay ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version