Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Rear Window Blind

(1/7) > >>

Lizzie Zoom:
My rear window blind, that I retrofitted over two years ago, has suddenly stopped working, just as I need it.  It was working two months ago!!

This morning I have checked the fuse and the wiring connections back to the electric motor.  Power is getting through to there, so is it common for these electric blinds to stop working? Any recommendations please???? ??? ???

Do not really want to have the rear parcel shelf out again.................but, if I have to.......... ::) ::) ::)

None of my previous ones stopped working! ::) ::) :P

VXL V6:
Does it just click when you press the button?

Common problem i'm afraid, had four different ones do it but managed to get them working for another 12 months or so... then they break again and the process repeats!

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: VXL V6 on 06 July 2019, 10:43:15 ---Does it just click when you press the button?

Common problem i'm afraid, had four different ones do it but managed to get them working for another 12 months or so... then they break again and the process repeats!

--- End quote ---

No.  No click, nothing I'm afraid. :'( :'(

I did wonder if this is an age thing with these units that are at least 16 years old, and they sit in a fairly hostile environment under the back shelf that can get very hot in the summer. ;)

VXL V6:
They died within a couple of years when new. You need to check over the motor and mechanism carefully.

The pre-facelift ones are slightly more robust than the facelift ones for some unknown reason although the one I have here is black rather than anthracite and has a different material / design to the blind itself.

Incidently, if you remove the shelf from the car, try powering it out of the car and see if it springs to life.....

Lizzie Zoom:

--- Quote from: VXL V6 on 06 July 2019, 11:03:49 ---They died within a couple of years when new. You need to check over the motor and mechanism carefully.

The pre-facelift ones are slightly more robust than the facelift ones for some unknown reason although the one I have here is black rather than anthracite and has a different material / design to the blind itself.

Incidently, if you remove the shelf from the car, try powering it out of the car and see if it springs to life.....

--- End quote ---

Is the motor the same and can it be fitted to my existing facelift blind?  If so, is it for sale? ??? :D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version