Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68960 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #135 on: 15 November 2018, 19:26:09 »

That said, I no longer get involved in the financial contract negotiations any more (only the technical), because if I think their proposal can be bettered, "opps off" is apparently an unprofessional, un-PC way of getting them to put in a better proposal...
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #136 on: 15 November 2018, 19:29:13 »

I fail to see why anybody would think
Though accept that some people do genuinely believe that we, as the weaker partner (esp currently), could make demands of the EU, and out of the goodness of their heart, they would roll over and let us tickle their tum.

If I was the EU, I'd be bending the UK negotiators over, and making them sweat. And still give nothing.
Any jobs going?  ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 15 November 2018, 19:32:37 »

Game set and match.

EU have said there will be no renegotiation. Well done EU.

Makes you wonder how Italy will fare with their out of order budget proposals.  ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 15 November 2018, 19:39:10 »

That said, I no longer get involved in the financial contract negotiations any more (only the technical), because if I think their proposal can be bettered, "opps off" is apparently an unprofessional, un-PC way of getting them to put in a better proposal...
Bro's FIL, whom we sadly sent off on Tuesday :'(, is still (in spite of retiring from ABP 15 years ago) spoken of in awe as being the person who responded to a four page complaint and list of demands from a significant international logistics firm with a simple 'NO'. The reply back conceded every point as it was clear that there was no negotiating to be had... ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 15 November 2018, 20:40:00 »

Bet Corbyn can't believe his luck , he just has to wait until it all goes t**s up and a general election is called ,and then he and his cohorts sweep into power , all on the back of that idiot Cameron wanting his bit of history  >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 15 November 2018, 21:21:00 »

I fail to see why anybody would think
Though accept that some people do genuinely believe that we, as the weaker partner (esp currently), could make demands of the EU, and out of the goodness of their heart, they would roll over and let us tickle their tum.

If I was the EU, I'd be bending the UK negotiators over, and making them sweat. And still give nothing.

This is basically what they have done, as our so called negotiators have given concession after concession in the naive belief that we'd get something in return and got a big fat nine, non, nada in return!  ::)

Prime example was when May said that the UK couldn't guarantee the UK's cooperation on military matters and security.  Howls of outrage and crying fowl from Brussels and she immediately backed down. In return they said we couldn't use Galileo!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 15 November 2018, 23:17:40 »

Bet Corbyn can't believe his luck , he just has to wait until it all goes t**s up and a general election is called ,and then he and his cohorts sweep into power , all on the back of that idiot Cameron wanting his bit of history  >:(

Yes, he's been thinking how lucky he was to lose the general election! That's why the Labour party has let the Conservatives lead on Brexit - it's a disaster of their own making, that nobody can do anything useful about. May isn't even close to drowning yet, she's still splashing about in the shallow end.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 16 November 2018, 09:16:32 »

Reuters are reporting that the 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers has had the required 48 letters of no confidence in Theresa May to trigger a leadership challenge.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 16 November 2018, 09:33:11 »

Reuters are reporting that the 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers has had the required 48 letters of no confidence in Theresa May to trigger a leadership challenge.
Presumably the chairman has the power to not invoke a leadership challenge if it would be detrimental to stable government in light of current circumstances, ie times of constitutional significance (war, Brexit etc)  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 16 November 2018, 09:34:22 »

:(
only 48  ;D maybe some sent second class post
I'm gonna spend all me money before there's a run on the bank  :P

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 16 November 2018, 09:46:45 »

Cannot see an obvious candidate with the necessary skills that the country would buy into.

David Davies perhaps?

What would be the point? As far as the EU is concerned it is this deal or no deal .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 16 November 2018, 09:56:57 »

Agreed ,
it won't matter if it's May or someone else holding the Brexit stick
the UK will be getting the sh*tty end of it

aaronjb

« Reply #147 on: 16 November 2018, 10:05:17 »

(war, Brexit etc)  :-\

I know Brexit is going badly*, but I think war is a bit of a stretch.. ;D

*at least, according to all the wailing and gnashing of teeth I see on the Internet, here included. I mean, I even saw (elsewhere, not here) someone repeating that they "couldn't see how the ladybits who voted leave could sleep at night" ffs. We've gone right back to the vitriol and hatred of two years ago..

Actually, maybe a good war is what we need.. thin the herd a little.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 16 November 2018, 10:31:52 »

I think that she is so discredited that she has to go, if only to give the Tories a fighting chance at the next election which might be sooner than 2022.  ::)

They should have had the backbone to do it back in July when she unveiled her Chequers plan stitch up (after going to Berlin to run it by Merkel) that completely undermined David Davies.  :y

That's what would have happened in Maggies day!  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 16 November 2018, 10:36:51 »

I don't think finding the 48 has ever been the issue, its finding the one that's willing to hold the sticky end of the stick, its the only reason why May is still in No. 10 and it still stands today.

Its the reason that all the "hard brexit" BS from Rees-Mog, Johnson etc is just that, BS. If they genuinely believed what they were saying, they could have been behind the famous black door and giving it a go a long time ago. But they aren't, because they don't.  ::)

For me, unless one of them is willing to put up, they should stop sniping like petulent children and do something useful... exactly what use they should be put to, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: 16 November 2018, 10:38:40 by jimmy944 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.