Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkmeet.  (Read 7304 times)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
Yorkmeet.
« on: 13 September 2010, 22:00:54 »

Something of a tenuous link but i promised so here goes.
   I realize the site is'nt for everyone & what with the music etc it's not your usual OOFMEET, that said a few months back the Zoks & Andy/Annette said they'd come along regardless if it was on as would the Fletches, Ian & Stuey & maybe PW on his Bandit... 8-). However Newent seemed to be later this year so time off work & finances might affect another meet so close & the weather is on the turn so it could be a non starter. I hav'nt spoken to Ian yet but i did promise to "put it out there" after Newent. I realize it won't be on the same scale as last year but some of you did say you'd attend regardless so i'm just gauging interest...if any. If not no worries & hope Newent is a tad earlier next year. Guy.
Curry makes the world go round!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkmeet.
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2010, 22:30:08 »

I realize the site is'nt for everyone & what with the music etc it's not your usual OOFMEET, that said a few months back the Zoks & Andy/Annette said they'd come along regardless if it was on as would the Fletches, Ian & Stuey & maybe PW on his Bandit... 8-). However Newent seemed to be later this year so time off work & finances might affect another meet so close & the weather is on the turn so it could be a non starter. I hav'nt spoken to Ian yet but i did promise to "put it out there" after Newent. I realize it won't be on the same scale as last year but some of you did say you'd attend regardless so i'm just gauging interest...if any. If not no worries & hope Newent is a tad earlier next year. Guy.

when were you thinking of?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2010, 22:43:59 »

Newent is first weekend of September ... traditionally .. and I believe has been booked for that next year already

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1283971104

:)

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2010, 09:09:21 »

Is this something I can bring the van to? When and where please Guy
Don't wee on the electric fence

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2010, 09:21:43 »

You know what I'm like with a meet  ;D

Wouldnt be the whole family I dont expect due to the facilities, but I would like to put in an appearance time etc allowing  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2010, 09:44:12 »

You can definitely bring the 'van. Where is easy ....... it's just the when.
We pitch in the field to the right of te cricket field.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rufforth&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=21.225198,56.99707&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rufforth,+York,+North+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.953775,-1.185558&spn=0.002569,0.006958&t=h&z=18

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2010, 09:46:50 »

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rufforth&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=21.225198,56.99707&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Rufforth,+York,+North+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.953775,-1.185558&spn=0.002569,0.006958&t=h&z=18

Thanks Andy,I take it there is no electric hook up though

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2010, 09:52:16 »

Thanks Andy,I take it there is no electric hook up though

If you look just above the club house/left of the tennis courts, there's a caravan in the picture and there are 5 EHU points (of a fashion) there. I think it must be listed as a CL/CS site so, if planned far enough ahead I think it should be possible for some to get electric, 1 did last time.

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2010, 10:14:33 »

Thanks Andy,you are a star  :y

Welung666

« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2010, 10:52:46 »

Any idea of a rough date for this Guy? I've been wanting to take SWMBO to the York Museum for a while and this would be an ideal stop over as long as it is in the school holidays. We'd be in a tent (Marquee) and want electric.
« Last Edit: 15 September 2010, 10:53:30 by Welung666 »

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2010, 20:36:48 »

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest, sorry i did'nt reply lastnight but i was otherwise...anyway if just a few of are going then i'll contact Ian & get the ball rolling. 
    Last year was a huge turnout inc. nearly all the admins. I realize due to nature of the venue it's not for everybody. This is mainly due to the shower facilities which are free but not very private for wives/children so Dad must stand guard in the doorway ala sports centre/swimming pool etc. We have use of the pavillion with said showers & toilets downstairs & a bar which is closed but a huge room with tables. seating areas & you can sleep there if your tent is cold at night. There is also a small kitchen with sink, cooker, fridge off the bar room. The site is on the B1224 @ Rufforth between York & the A1. A local shop is just up the lane & York is only minutes away. To give folk time we could try for end sept/early oct for those on shift work (Andy) let me know asap please & we'll see what we can do, get it booke & start a list.
   On a more sombre note this i the last time many of us saw Willyboy who was sadly taken from us shortly afterwards. He knew he was on his last knockings & felt terrible but he still came along for a day visit with his lovely wife & lunatic hound. What a trooper. We love you Bill & hav'nt forgoten you. a true gent.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 September 2010, 20:43:51 »

... To give folk time we could try for end sept/early oct for those on shift work (Andy) let me know asap please & we'll see what we can do ....

Bugger! We've already booked for a fortnight away at the end of this month/begining Oct.  :(

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 September 2010, 20:51:55 »

... To give folk time we could try for end sept/early oct for those on shift work (Andy) let me know asap please & we'll see what we can do ....

Bugger! We've already booked for a fortnight away at the end of this month/begining Oct.  :(
Later in October? Gonna be cold anyway but it's the last OOF meet other than day jobs so i want you both there!!!! ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 September 2010, 20:53:47 »

To be honest, its probably getting a bit late in the year for me to camp - I'm a bit long in the tooth to scrape the ice off the tent again ;D

If it looks a good turnout, might consider a travelodge type place nearby?
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 September 2010, 21:03:16 »

Later in October?  ....

I'm on 6 days off the week end of 15/16th Oct. Are they any use for anyone else?  :-/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.