Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Poll

Who would you like to be the next leader of the Conservative Party and PM of the UK?

Boris Johnson
Jeremy Hunt

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The Runners and Riders!  (Read 28262 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: The Runners and Riders!
« Reply #105 on: 11 June 2019, 15:21:00 »

And what has bungling, almost silent bafoon Boris announced to promote his aims to become our PM, he will cut taxes, not for the lowest paid workers, but for those of the 3 million who are the highest paid, raising the 40% threshold from £50,000 to £80,000 per year.

Yep, that really will win votes from the general public when the next General Election takes place!! :o :o ::) ::)

Actually I think it's quite astute. 

There are a lot of ordinary people who have been dragged into the higher rate tax band due to the stagnation of the threshold.  Public sector workers like senior nurses, teachers etc are affected.  ;)

I have a friend who is a proper lefty guardianista and he works for a quango.  He's a classic middle class, metropolitan, university educated labour voter and I'm not sure what his salary is, but I know it's between £40-50k and I know it sticks in his craw that it is the Tories that save him money in tax!  ;D

Of course I feel duty bound to remind him of this from time to time.  :)

Fellow Conservative MP's do not think so, but Corbyn thinks it is great and is waiting eagerly for the General Election to come! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 11 June 2019, 15:56:54 »

The last thing Corbyn wants at the moment is a general election.  ;) The Tories also don't want one any more than he does.
Its all talk because no-one can admit they are scared of having one. The last politician to let that one slip out was Foot, and it destroyed him.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #107 on: 11 June 2019, 16:17:02 »

The last thing Corbyn wants at the moment is a general election.  ;) The Tories also don't want one any more than he does.
Its all talk because no-one can admit they are scared of having one. The last politician to let that one slip out was Foot, and it destroyed him.  :)
Grandad Vince might like one before he dies retires.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 11 June 2019, 16:52:11 »

The trouble is the PM contenders are all saying different things over Brexit, with some saying they would renegotiate.  What!!! So we go on the merry go round yet again, repeating everything that has gone before and the EU saying NO!! ::) ::) :o :o :o

Parliament will love all that again, NOT!!  :o :o :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 11 June 2019, 18:05:35 »

Maybe one will be brave enough to say..

Start point is no deal. Then we will negotiate afresh. ( lots of basic work has already been done)

New leaving date of  say Oct 20 2020. Plenty of time for businesses to make their arrangements.

I see we have signed a free trade agreement in principlewith South Korea. Unsurpringly it is much the same as now! Parts and cars to UK and Cars and crude oil to them. Lets get a shed load more fta agreements signed.

Those scaremongers that say food prices will rocket.... do the US not want to sell us cheap food? Surely we just need to ahree some standards? Joe publicwill love evencheaper chicken prices for their KFC !

Johnson is keeping his powder dry. Shame he didnt stand and instead back Steve Baker. Hey Ho.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 11 June 2019, 19:14:46 »

Meanwhile, the EU are putting a lot of effort into a technology led border in Ireland in the event of a no deal, after claiming it wasn't possible to do so for the last three years. ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 11 June 2019, 21:02:30 »

Rather surprised the Number 10 cat is not an option. :)
The last two pussies haven't fared so well...
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 12 June 2019, 11:30:26 »

And what has bungling, almost silent bafoon Boris announced to promote his aims to become our PM, he will cut taxes, not for the lowest paid workers, but for those of the 3 million who are the highest paid, raising the 40% threshold from £50,000 to £80,000 per year.

Yep, that really will win votes from the general public when the next General Election takes place!! :o :o ::) ::)

Actually, I think it would. Certainly he would get my vote and every single member of my teams, as what he offers would be a significant tax cut.

Wether he can deliver it or not, that's another question. But given the other options, he has my vote at the moment. (if he wins)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 12 June 2019, 18:36:26 »

Think that Boris is thinking very short term and his target is all the well off Tory party members who will decide who is the next leader of the party and subsequently prime minister.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 12 June 2019, 18:39:44 »

Actually, I think it would. Certainly he would get my vote and every single member of my teams, as what he offers would be a significant tax cut.

Wether he can deliver it or not, that's another question. But given the other options, he has my vote at the moment. (if he wins)
Tax cuts are great , just the small problem of who makes up the shortfall , it has to come from somewhere , mmm , I wonder which mugs will get shafted for that one , err , could that be us ?  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 12 June 2019, 20:22:52 »

I've just seen the results of a poll about fitness or otherwise to be PM, and the question was....

What makes you most unfit to be PM?

The results were...

Been on cocaine.  3%
Been on cannabis. 2%
Been on opium. 2%
Been on Diane Abbott. 93%

;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #116 on: 12 June 2019, 20:24:26 »

I've just seen the results of a poll about fitness or otherwise to be PM, and the question was....

What makes you most unfit to be PM?

The results were...

Been on cocaine.  3%
Been on cannabis. 2%
Been on opium. 2%
Been on Diane Abbott. 93%

;D
;D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 12 June 2019, 21:13:04 »

;D ;D :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 12 June 2019, 21:15:15 »

Tax cuts are great , just the small problem of who makes up the shortfall , it has to come from somewhere , mmm , I wonder which mugs will get shafted for that one , err , could that be us ?  :y

It is often the case that tax cuts generate more wealth to more than make up the shortfall.  High taxation usually results in a low productivity economy.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 12 June 2019, 22:47:59 »

Exactly :y

Then there is the case that the working classes are not being promised those tax cuts, whilst most people want an increase in funding for the NHS, Education, Care Services and
Policing, but in their eyes are not getting that either.  Only a political boffoon would think that "presentation" and public perception is going to keep them in power.

Only Boffoon Boris would play to the audiences of Conservatives with a short term, narrow, political game. The danger is the mugs will fall for it, and the resultant mess that will result from it that we all will pay for. It just cannot get any worse, can it? (I know the answer, and so do many Conservative MP's who still do not have one line of thought between them) [/highlight]
« Last Edit: 12 June 2019, 22:49:40 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.