Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 68923 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #180 on: 16 November 2018, 19:50:26 »

The fact is: We have a brexit secretary who knows eff all about brexit, and it's a bit late to be reading up on it now. So he'll run back and forth delivering messages, before the poor sap is put on the tellybox to tell us all we're f*ucked.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 16 November 2018, 19:51:49 »

Double it more like ::)

Well that has been one good thing that has come out of these so called negotiations, the £39 billion was originally £100 billion.  ::)

Although I read elsewhere that the UK 'negotiators' agreed to write off the UK's share of EU assets.....  Yay!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #182 on: 16 November 2018, 19:53:03 »

Does that include Tiggers place in St Tropez?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 16 November 2018, 19:55:23 »

The fact is: We have a brexit secretary who knows eff all about brexit, and it's a bit late to be reading up on it now. So he'll run back and forth delivering messages, before the poor sap is put on the tellybox to tell us all we're f*ucked.

Yes I think that David Davies had good intentions and had a plan, but was right royally shafted by May and Oily Robbins.  >:(

Raab was just May's bag carrier and had his bottom spanked when he let his mouth run away....  ::)

I doubt the new boy will even be allowed on the EuroStar on his own.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 16 November 2018, 20:00:32 »

Does that include Tiggers place in St Tropez?

No I sold that, after Macron threatened to kick the Brits out of France, in response to May's unconditional guarantee to all EU citizens living here.  >:(  ::)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 16 November 2018, 20:38:31 »

STEMO

« Reply #188 on: 16 November 2018, 20:48:17 »

http://newsthump.com/2018/11/15/environmentalists-criticise-government-for-employing-single-use-brexit-secretaries/

;D

Whoa! I got a big red security warning for that site Jimmy, so I hit the 'Back To Safety' button!  :o  :-\
I tried to send the link and google blocked it.

STEMO

« Reply #189 on: 16 November 2018, 20:49:20 »

There you go, Tigger:

Green activists have criticised Theresa May’s government for using disposable Brexit Secretaries which end up polluting the oceans.

In light of the resignation of Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab, environmental campaigners have been vocal about the government’s deployment of non-renewable ministers.

“There’s no need for it in this day and age,” said campaigner Simon Williams. “Discarded Brexit Secretaries are one of the biggest threats to marine life.

“Thousands of animals have choked to death on the empty rhetoric of David Davis alone.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“Think of all the energy that’s wasted when a new Brexit Secretary comes along, talks 'dangle berries' for a bit, demonstrates worrying levels of ignorance and then resigns. Where do you think all that hot air is going?

“No-one thinks of the emissions generating by single-use Brexit ministers.”

There have been suggestions that at the very least the Prime Minister should have to pay five pence each time she appoints a new Brexit Secretary.

“It’s a nice idea in principle, but completely unworkable in practice,” said Theresa May.

“I just know that I’ll turn up at a cabinet meeting or an EU summit and I’ll have forgotten my Brexit Secretary. The British economy’s in enough trouble without me wasting all those 5ps.”

A ‘Brexit-Secretary for life’ scheme has also been suggested. However, most political analysts agree that this wouldn’t be a shrewd long-term investment given the fact that they’d probably fall apart when given the slightest tricky agenda item.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 17 November 2018, 00:01:59 »

I cannot see that. it is like comparing lemons to beach rocks. North Korea has very little International trade because of sanctions due to its nuclear ambitions . The UK would still have a massive amount of trade on WTO or better terms.

WTO is also an international treaty. We can only trade under WTO if we abide by ALL the rules of WTO. Given that Parliament is sovereign it can chose to ignore EU/WTO/whatever rules, and in doing so we would end up in a situation similar to North Korea.

Not saying that's in anyway likely, but constitutionally it is possible. That was my point.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 17 November 2018, 03:13:04 »

Yes I think that David Davies had good intentions and had a plan, but was right royally shafted by May and Oily Robbins.  >:(

Raab was just May's bag carrier and had his bottom spanked when he let his mouth run away....  ::)

I doubt the new boy will even be allowed on the EuroStar on his own.  ;D

Absolutely, as that was our real Canada+++ Brexit that David Davis was negotiating which would have mean't that the UK and EU would have kept their tariff free trade and we could have negotiated FTAs with the rest of the world, considerably boosting UK economic growth & our wealth. Remainer Tsar May her Brexit spiritual advisor Rasputin Robbins along with the establishment are determined to make sure we don't get that. If Theresa May is not deposed next week she will kill the Conservative party, which maybe Theresa 'Nasty Party' May's aim anyway. If May is not stopped by being deposed, this will be a much bigger capitulation than Chamberlain's in 1938, Suez in 1953 and only falling short of the French invasion and occupation in 1066. We will be a vassal state owned by the EU with no say on how they treat us. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I thought Heath & Major were useless PMs but Appeaser May has taken incompetitance, duplicity and continuous serial lying to a whole new level that would even make BLiar, Campbell and Mandlescum blush. Every time she opens he mouth we get a cacophony of deceit and lies.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 17 November 2018, 10:10:39 »

As time goes by I have  the sneaking suspicion TM will get this watery BRINO through parliament.

.......even Gove  is saying he is right behind the PM( presumably holding the same same dagger he used on Boris)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.