Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sir Keir Starmer  (Read 2692 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Keir Starmer
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2019, 18:30:56 »

I hope you're right Stemo.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2019, 18:32:13 »

I have a 20 year old son at university, don't believe the hype about students supporting Labour.
Are you suggesting that the blonde tart on the BBC is twisting the truth? Surely not ;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2019, 21:15:46 »

Saw Starmer being interviewed yesterday on one of the main channels. Didn,t really take note of what he was on about. Isn,t he another one, like Swineson that wants to scuttle Brexit?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2019, 21:58:02 »

Yep, but he hasn't the guts to be honest about it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 December 2019, 23:36:19 »

This weekend's polls show Tories on 38%, Liebour on 33% +5pc the LimpDims are -5pc & the other also rans pretty much unchanged, so the gap is closing. The scary thing is that 1 in 3 think it is a good thing to have a terrorist supporting Marxist who wants totally open borders,will scrap our armed forces & nuclear deterrent & turn the UK into a one party dictatorship with all of us dirt poor & starving like in Venezuela is the way forward for the UK. >:( >:( >:(

All of the political sheets of lies are being hung from the downstairs toilet roll holder so if Corbyn gets in & there is a toilet famine like in Venezuela, the irony is then that, I can use the shite to remove shite. :D

There have only been two PMs that have called winter elections & they both lost, so it is not a good omen. :o

Gove joining the leadership challenge, so Boris dropped out & we got Dreadful May has caused considerable damage to the Tories electoral chances & Brexit party may or may not win some northern constituencies but it will split the leave vote. The fact that Boris did not leave on 31/10 has done further damage, where he could of stopped the Benn Act with a HoL filibuster, but he called it off & could have asked the Queen to withhold Royal Assent where it broke so many constitutional conventions. Many leavers, including me, don't trust him & after voting Tory last time & getting an anti-Brexit Tory turncoat who joined the LimpDims if we had a Brexit party candidate standing here, he would get my vote & where I'm very reluctant to vote Tory & might either spoil my ballot paper or vote for an independent candidate that is standing, where I'm still undecided. I know nothing about our Tory candidate that CCHQ have parachuted in & he hasn't been forthcoming beyond parroting a few Tory slogans & seems very similar to our previous turncoat MP. He & Boris both need to make their case for my vote & both have singularly failed to do so, so far. As a Thatcherite the right of centre Brexit party is a much better fit for my politics that the slightly less left than Liebour, Labour Lite Tories. ???
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 December 2019, 00:26:03 »

That echoes my sentiments voiced a week ago. I am so glad not to have a vote in your GE. The choices are grim.

Just as an example. Who do you vote for if you dont want Brexit and don’t want massive borrowing?

Hypothetically, my suspicion is that iff we stayed in the EU neither the Labour or Lib Dems bloated spending plans would be permitted under budgetary rules. Like it or not, there is some sense in EU member states sticking to budget rules. Here in Spain, we have drifted for four years paralysed with  no parliamentary majority. The EU have told us to get spending under control. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 December 2019, 01:35:08 »

The thing about so called austerity is that we had to reign in our budget deficit not just because the country was on the verge of bankruptcy, nor for ideological reasons, but because the EU placed us under 'special measures' to comply with the Stability and Growth Pact of the Maastricht Treaty.  The fact that we are not in the Euro meant that the EU couldn't directly impose austerity measures on us like they did to Greece, but we still had to take 'best endeavours' to comply with the Stability and Growth Pact to get our budget deficit under 3% of GDP and the national debt to 60% of GDP.

I think that the Tories have missed a trick here and could have deflected the criticism of austerity onto the EU, although there is probably a provision in the the Lisbon Treaty which prohibits criticism of the EU and Cameron and Osborne didn't fancy being hauled up in front of the Euro-Beaks at the ECJ!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.