Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oil loss  (Read 1153 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
oil loss
« on: 26 November 2019, 23:33:04 »

a mate has a pug 207 petrol & told me its real heavy on oil usage. the engine is very clean doesnt seem to be spewing any out. it runs spot on , no smoking at all. we are baffled. the engine i know had a new timing belt, valves about 9mths ago. suggestions pls  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: oil loss
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2019, 00:08:56 »

Well it’s either burning it or leaking, it  can’t be anything else. I would put a big clean piece of cardboard under it after a long run and have a look the next day to see if there’s any oil on it. If not it’s burning it.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2019, 03:01:47 »

Are the breathers spotless?

These modern sealed engines drink oil as a side effect of the breather process... They're designed to, so the emissions tend not to be affected as long as the breathers function correctly  ;)

Mileage will also have a bearing along with previous history...
« Last Edit: 27 November 2019, 03:04:01 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2019, 15:44:48 »

a mate has a pug 207 petrol & told me its real heavy on oil usage. the engine is very clean doesnt seem to be spewing any out. it runs spot on , no smoking at all. we are baffled. the engine i know had a new timing belt, valves about 9mths ago. suggestions pls  :y

Which petrol engine? The THP150 (aka N14 in the MINI) generally drinks oil like George Best did alcohol. Known for weak blow-by control (piston rings) and poor head oil control (stem seals and valve guides both wear), coking of the inlet tract & valve backs due to the combination of excessive blow-by and direct injection providing no 'cleaning' effect on the intake..

THP150 is the 1.6 turbocharged engine (and variants).

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2019, 22:56:36 »

Which petrol engine? The THP150 (aka N14 in the MINI) generally drinks oil like George Best did alcohol. Known for weak blow-by control (piston rings) and poor head oil control (stem seals and valve guides both wear), coking of the inlet tract & valve backs due to the combination of excessive blow-by and direct injection providing no 'cleaning' effect on the intake..

THP150 is the 1.6 turbocharged engine (and variants).not sure about the engine but i know the cam belt snapped & valve guides, stem
seals were done as they needed doing. original owners couldn,t afford the towage & to pay for timing belt & all the work it entailed to put it back on the road. they eventually told the workshop to keep it & sent the guy the documents in lieu of payment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.