Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windscreen trim  (Read 1089 times)

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
Windscreen trim
« on: 13 October 2012, 18:23:52 »

Looking for rubber windscreen trim from a 2.2 if anyone has one lying about or knows someone who is breaking one. PM me please

05omegav6

Re: Windscreen trim
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2012, 19:17:44 »

If no joy they are readily available from VX, not too pricey :y got one and the frame when I had a new screen fitted in July :y

Just looked and the rubber and all 4 parts of the frame that it clips into were £49 + vat, nothing was over £15 individually :y

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2012, 19:21:47 »

Just to add the design was changed at some point, so if you need to change the frame you will need to buy all four sides and also the frames fitted by replacement windscreen peeps can be different to both the Vauxhall designs :y

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2012, 19:42:36 »

This gets more confusing. The one I need replacing is in one piece and only goes down sides and along top, That fox has a lot answer for when it decided to have mine for dinner.

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2012, 21:02:46 »

Right, I've dropped a bit of a block :-[

Original design: rubber trim x2, 1 top and both sides, 1 across bottom edge. plastic frame x2, same as rubber.

Later design:  rubber trim x2, 1 top and sides, 1 across bottom edge. plastic frame x4, 2 sides, 1 top, 1 bottom.

Only the rubbers are interchangeable :y

Pattern frames supplied by winscreen frames vary, but usually depend on the rubber being reusable.

Visible differences between two cars could be down to the various frames used and also the actual position of the glass depending on whether the screen is original/replaced properly in the correct position/just thrown in.

Either way the trims are available :y

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2012, 22:02:56 »

Original design: rubber trim x2, 1 top and both sides, 1 across bottom edge. plastic frame x2, same as rubber.

Later design:  rubber trim x2, 1 top and sides, 1 across bottom edge. plastic frame x4, 2 sides, 1 top, 1 bottom.

Pattern frames supplied by winscreen frames vary, but usually depend on the rubber being reusable.

Visible differences between two cars could be down to the various frames used and also the actual position of the glass depending on whether the screen is original/replaced properly in the correct position/just thrown in.

Cheers

Raymienets

• Glasgow
    • 2.2 cd & 2.6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2012, 22:03:30 »

Cheers

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.