Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall owned Omega's  (Read 5435 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: Vauxhall owned Omega's
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2018, 14:05:02 »

I've had two ex Police Omegas - both Elites. The first was a '02 3.2 Elite saloon in cherry red metallic (can't remember the correct colour name) which was owned by Leicestershire Police, and was used by a Staff Officer with a driver. This car was well spec'd with an NCDC 2015, colour screen with telematics. When I bought it, it had been privately owned for a good number of years, and had been neglected mechanically, and is now off the road for breaking.
The second was a '03 2.6 Elite saloon in Black Sapphire, which was used by the National Crime Agency. Amazingly, they used the vehicle from 2 years old until it was 12 years old (in 2015) when I bought it. It had been leased through Inchape Fleet Solutions, and had the wiring for some sort of discreet recording equipment in it. I was surprised that it was actually used for Police purposes for so long.
This was a great car, but I sold it last year as I had too many...!
I've had two ex Police Omegas - both Elites. The first was a '02 3.2 Elite saloon in cherry red metallic (can't remember the correct colour name) which was owned by Leicestershire Police, and was used by a Staff Officer with a driver. This car was well spec'd with an NCDC 2015, colour screen with telematics. When I bought it, it had been privately owned for a good number of years, and had been neglected mechanically, and is now off the road for breaking.
The second was a '03 2.6 Elite saloon in Black Sapphire, which was used by the National Crime Agency. Amazingly, they used the vehicle from 2 years old until it was 12 years old (in 2015) when I bought it. It had been leased through Inchape Fleet Solutions, and had the wiring for some sort of discreet recording equipment in it. I was surprised that it was actually used for Police purposes for so long.

i nearly bought a 2.5 td which was being advertised in Manchester . the colour was a bright red which of i had never seen on a mig & had allegedly been used by the special branch. how they would know that beats me

Perhaps they think by spinning that story it makes the car more desirable.

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2018, 18:56:34 »

Hardly  ;D
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2018, 10:46:15 »

Mine's registered in luton prefix is KE. Not sure if first registereby vx

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 March 2018, 10:01:45 »

Still trying to make sense of my Omega! I have tried to paste and copy/up load onto this forum pages from the DVLA record that I have without any Luck, and hoping someone can help me :-\ so I will try to ask for help with my vin number, I have read the post by andyc (Vin No. spec level) and most of it makes sense, but not the year date and body style so hopefully someone can explain please.

WOL O V B P353 1 000297

For a September 2002 it has a rather low vin number of 297 for a Elite estate 2.6 that was deeclared new on 16/09/2002 by Vauxhall.

My thanks in advance.... ::)
Mike.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2018, 11:13:08 »

Still trying to make sense of my Omega! I have tried to paste and copy/up load onto this forum pages from the DVLA record that I have without any Luck, and hoping someone can help me :-\ so I will try to ask for help with my vin number, I have read the post by andyc (Vin No. spec level) and most of it makes sense, but not the year date and body style so hopefully someone can explain please.

WOL O V B P353 1 000297

For a September 2002 it has a rather low vin number of 297 for a Elite estate 2.6 that was deeclared new on 16/09/2002 by Vauxhall.

My thanks in advance.... ::)
Not sure I understand your post, but your VIN says its an early 2003MY retail estate.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 March 2018, 11:41:36 »

Looked up your VIN, which is W0L0VBP3531000297, not what you put above, and there is an oddity, there is an option:

OGA - WITH OPEL SPECIAL VEHICLE

Incidentally, manufactured 4th July 2002, which is *VERY* early for a 2003MY
Grumpy old man

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 March 2018, 12:46:44 »

Looked up your VIN, which is W0L0VBP3531000297, not what you put above, and there is an oddity, there is an option:

OGA - WITH OPEL SPECIAL VEHICLE

Incidentally, manufactured 4th July 2002, which is *VERY* early for a 2003MY

Yes, sorry about that just separated the vin number to make it easier for me and noted 0 instead of O! and many thanks for the build date. On the DVLA record there is a mention of a coach build/conversion by the name of 'Walton' and I would be happy to send it to you for better clarification....
« Last Edit: 10 March 2018, 12:57:32 by MrMoffat »
Mike.

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2018, 21:47:57 »

Could you find out when my car was built please. WOLOVBP35Y1108387

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2018, 19:43:50 »

Could you find out when my car was built please. WOLOVBP35Y1108387
Assuming you actually mean W0L0VBP35Y1108387, 21st Feb 2000
Grumpy old man

neil74

• Intermediate Member
  • newport
    • 2.6 elite estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 March 2018, 22:26:32 »

I realise now that i never wrote it down correctly. but thanks for the info.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2018, 17:27:38 »

i nearly bought a 2.5 td which was being advertised in Manchester . the colour was a bright red which of i had never seen on a mig & had allegedly been used by the special branch. how they would know that beats me

If anyone falls for any car sales pitch about the history of a car without some sort of confirmation, then more fool them......
When I bought the Saturn red (I think it was that shade) 3.2 Elite I refered to, I didn't know it had previously been a Police vehicle, as it had changed hands several times afterwards. It was only when I found a sticker on the slam panel referring to the maximum permissible load that could be carried in the vehicle, which referred to the number of Officers plus a driver, with a phone number, which turned out to be the Transport Office at Leicestershire Police HQ. They were very helpful about their previous ownership of the car, and the use to which it had been put.
I bought the black Sapphire 2.6 Elite knowing it had been a Police vehicle as it was sold as such at Auction. The vehicle was registered to The Service Authority, and a PO Box address in London. The service history book also entries in for NCIS, and a quick google of the postcode revealed it was the NCA offices. One of the Vauxhall garages that had serviced it also confirmed it was a Police Vehicle, although it was in fact leased through Inchape Fleet Solutions.

So a bit a digging should dismiss any wild claims by any seller before anyone buys any car.

[/quote] i nearly bought a 2.5 td which was being advertised in Manchester . the colour was a bright red which of i had never seen on a mig & had allegedly been used by the special branch. how they would know that beats me
[/quote].

Perhaps they think by spinning that story it makes the car more desirable.
[/quote]
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.