Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pensioners....get yer wallets out  (Read 12641 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Pensioners....get yer wallets out
« Reply #105 on: 15 May 2018, 19:26:53 »

But smoking is sooooo yesterday, with just 5% of children aged 8 to 15 years now smoking, down 75% from 2003.  It was considered to be rebellious to smoke in school, behind the bike sheds, but now it is recognised as being a stupid thing to do which is expensive now that so many adults do not have cigarettes in the house that can be 'aquisitioned' :D ;)
I think you are believing the hype from the NHS and various official departments.

I suspect they make figures up to achieve targets, as I can only see more secondary school kids smoking at lunchtime than ever before.

No TB, Cancer Research as well, that actually has regular under 16 smokers down to just 3%.

But, to quote a phrase often used on the OOF, don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Passing school gates and seeing some young smokers, who could anyway be 16 or over, is a far more reliable measure than officially produced statistics from an organisation like CR who you would think should inflate the figures! ::) ::) ;)
In order to get further funding, these organisations and charities have to find some statistic to show they are making a difference. Sadly that's the way things work now.

But as you say, don't let (made up) facts get in the way of a good story ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.