Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 92   Go Down

Author Topic: Project anyone?  (Read 228736 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Project anyone?
« Reply #870 on: 20 November 2020, 19:50:09 »

i'm sure i read somewhere ,or got told (accountants in the family) that if you use over a certain amount of veg oil to run a car then you are meant to pay tax on it  :-\

2500 litres p.a. Which is well above average mileage in most cars. I used approx. 900 litres p.a. in my 190D and did approx 7000 miles p.a. if my memory serves me. So could have done approx. 20k miles p.a. before I had to pay any duty.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 20 November 2020, 19:54:58 »

i'm sure i read somewhere ,or got told (accountants in the family) that if you use over a certain amount of veg oil to run a car then you are meant to pay tax on it  :-\
It's a classic, 1000 miles a year should be fine.

You sound just like the the morons at the FBHVC deliberately weakening their own arguments a few years ago.
What's FBHVC?
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 20 November 2020, 19:58:40 »

2500 litres p.a. Which is well above average mileage in most cars. I used approx. 900 litres p.a. in my 190D and did approx 7000 miles p.a. if my memory serves me. So could have done approx. 20k miles p.a. before I had to pay any duty.

Ah OK  :y
but that threshold might change nearer 2030 when everyone is nipping to Sainsburys to get veg oil to run their tractors on ,rather than driving milk floats  :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 20 November 2020, 20:05:29 »

Ah OK  :y
but that threshold might change nearer 2030 when everyone is nipping to Sainsburys to get veg oil to run their tractors on ,rather than driving milk floats  :P
Read an article today saying that manufacturers were already phasing out diesels and you'll be lucky to find a new one in 2022.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 20 November 2020, 20:06:43 »

It's a classic, 1000 miles a year should be fine.

You sound just like the the morons at the FBHVC deliberately weakening their own arguments a few years ago.
What's FBHVC?

Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs.

Yes, that is as bad as it sounds; a bunch of pretentious, flat capped, sandal wearing, adenoidal self-abusers. 'Outraged' of Tun. Wells is  a member with the MGB that he only uses to go to Sunday lunch, and has always pushed back into the garage on his own because even the recovery man who just met him is already sick of the sight of him.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: 20 November 2020, 20:08:33 »

I can do the flat cap, any good?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 20 November 2020, 20:16:16 »

You would need to own some ghastly old wreck that sort of runs for about 39 minutes a month. In the summer. That isn't your Astra :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 20 November 2020, 20:23:32 »

You would need to own some ghastly old wreck that sort of runs for about 39 minutes a month. In the summer. That isn't your Astra :y
Hmmmm.....talking of my astra, it went past 73,000 miles today. That's 53,000 miles in three years three months. I was hoping to get another couple or three years out of it, but 126,000 miles might be asking a bit much.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 20 November 2020, 20:30:19 »

na, keep it serviced and it will be good till 150K + ;)
then you can buy a tesla  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 20 November 2020, 20:33:19 »

Hmmmm.....talking of my astra, it went past 73,000 miles today. That's 53,000 miles in three years three months. I was hoping to get another couple or three years out of it, but 126,000 miles might be asking a bit much.

Keep it maintained properly and you've easily got another 10 years in the thing. It won't be worth anything, but the drool soaked into the driver's seat would make that the case with any car....

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 20 November 2020, 20:40:48 »

Keep it maintained properly and you've easily got another 10 years in the thing. It won't be worth anything, but the drool soaked into the driver's seat would make that the case with any car....
I'm pretty sure the engine would do that, not so sure about the auto box. We'll see. It's the first car I've had that I'm not wanting to change after three years, it just suits me.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 20 November 2020, 20:44:07 »

I'm pretty sure the engine would do that, not so sure about the auto box. We'll see. It's the first car I've had that I'm not wanting to change after three years, it just suits me.

Small automatic diesel. Sounds like a perfect candidate for an EV to me. Which matches nicely with the 10 years........

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 20 November 2020, 20:47:22 »

Small automatic diesel. Sounds like a perfect candidate for an EV to me. Which matches nicely with the 10 years........
Apparently estates are out of favour. I believe Vauxhall stopped making the insignia estate in 2018 because they weren't selling. I need/want my estate, not an SUV or people carrier. Not seen an EV estate, either.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 20 November 2020, 20:48:25 »

Anyway, getting way ahead of myself.......it runs and drives well enough, so it's fine for now.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 20 November 2020, 20:49:59 »

Auto box "sealed for life"
what could possibly go wrong  :P
lets hope they kept the trans cooler and engine coolant rad separate this time with the "J"  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 92   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.