Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted - Facelift Elite or MV6  (Read 8992 times)

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted - Facelift Elite or MV6
« Reply #15 on: 23 March 2009, 17:02:37 »

They say people clean up engines to hide something........weird blue wires over the battery as mentioned and looks like either no coolant in expansion tank or water only............??

Have decided against letting our MV6 go now mate anyway, so that will narrow it down a bit for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

:)
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Pedro

« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2009, 09:28:35 »

I may know someone who will have a 2.5 Facelift Elite next week  :y
And very nice it is too :)

Unfortunately, completely the wrong combination of colours for me - tis smart though!

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2009, 10:37:21 »

There is a 3.2 V6 CDX facelift saloon near me with full leather and CCR 2008 telephone head unit thing.

Its green, done 90k and has black leather on a '51' plate

I know its not Elite but it does have the leather, swap the wheels and its all but there, they have had it for a while and i think they want it gone very soon.

It all looks tidy, just been left in a yard so has some leaves on it so at first glance it looks bit grubby.

If you are interested i'll slip you the link.

Its not mine by the way!!  ;D
« Last Edit: 28 March 2009, 10:38:18 by Phil »

Pedro

« Reply #18 on: 02 April 2009, 19:55:06 »

I've decided to cross over to the dark side and looking at an S Type 3.0 240bhp Jaguar this weekend.

Just as much car for similar money, and more readily available! ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 April 2009, 20:40:59 »

A bloke across the road has this sort of Jag and has had its front end up in the air for months as the bigends have gone :o It aint that old either :-?
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 April 2009, 20:46:35 »

Costs a bleeding fortune if anything goes wrong on it too.......try getting an exhaust or cat for one of them !!!

I will stick with me Mig

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

animal52

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 April 2009, 09:12:42 »

Hi
I have a 51 plate 2.5 v6 elite in dark met blue with beige interior, fully loaded except leather, no history but car is immaculate and drives awesome, have some old mots trying to trace history by writing to the 2 prev keepers but the plonkers have not replied, traced dealership to where car was bought new but for my bad luck they closed down, if interested will send some pixs, send me your email, by the way i am in milton keynes  j14 m1. Cheers.

tractorshirley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 April 2009, 21:55:12 »

Not elite but i have a 2.2 gls omega, climate control, cloth trim, silver, 80,000 miles.  Very clean car.  there are a few little points, front badge missing in grill, rear bumper got a little depression on the underside the size of half tennis ball.  Am wanting somewhere in the region of £1600 or V6 Swap.

Pedro

« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2009, 08:53:12 »

A bloke across the road has this sort of Jag and has had its front end up in the air for months as the bigends have gone :o It aint that old either :-?

Yeah - and Vauxhalls have the best reputation in the automotive world, don't they! ;D ;D ;D

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 April 2009, 19:18:25 »

Yeah - and Vauxhalls have the best reputation in the automotive world, don't they! ;D ;D ;D

lol

There are plenty of people on here who would disagree with that buddy......

And this is a Vauxhall Omega forum site so no-one is going to say well done for buying a old wallowing Lincoln Jag are they !!!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 April 2009, 20:26:46 »

Alas all cars go forwards, backwards, turn left and right and stop with varying degrees of success! It's really down to the choice of overpriced badge we all wish to have superglued to the front of our recycled biscuit tins!

....and all overpriced biscuit tins have faults because no one has engineered one to the stage where it won't ever fail yet..... besides, there's the opportunity to make money by selling replacement parts that no manufacturer is daft enough to pass by!

Show me a overpriced biscuit tin car that never fails and i'll show you a bankrupt car company.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 April 2009, 20:52:49 »

Alas all cars go forwards, backwards, turn left and right and stop with varying degrees of success! It's really down to the choice of overpriced badge we all wish to have superglued to the front of our recycled biscuit tins!

....and all overpriced biscuit tins have faults because no one has engineered one to the stage where it won't ever fail yet..... besides, there's the opportunity to make money by selling replacement parts that no manufacturer is daft enough to pass by!

Show me a overpriced biscuit tin car that never fails and i'll show you a bankrupt car company.

lol

Well put

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 April 2009, 21:14:22 »

One thing I would also say is that even though the Lincoln LS floorpan is an old design, so is the Opel V-car chassis!

Commodore -> Senator A -> Senator B / Omega A (Carlton) -> Omega B -> Monaro

Yep, doesn't matter what the reg plate says... technically you're sitting on a subtly tweaked 30 year old chassis!

psg150

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 April 2009, 15:05:27 »

And if it ain't broke.....  ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 April 2009, 20:14:44 »

And if it ain't broke.....  ;D
 :) :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.