Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2980335 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #4590 on: 09 March 2013, 18:25:06 »

Blown up another NCDC.

Is the mixer on the rear board or the front board?  The satnav has lost its voice, so I'm gonna go for the mixer IC first I think.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #4591 on: 09 March 2013, 18:34:28 »

Found how to override my non starting issue  ::) Well it will do till i get a new part for it  :-X

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: 09 March 2013, 22:35:56 »

Drove it .. lots and lots ...

Since 0800 Thursday we've done 1129 miles ... Thursday was 547 to Elgin, Friday 33 miles running around, getting LPG (no where in Elgin have to go Kinloss where its bloody expensive :( ), today 549 miles back ....

Weather was anything from dry and around 10 degrees to - 4 and snow, with loads of rain/mist/fog as well. Went through a shed load of screenwash had to keep refilling it !! Mind you on Thursday I drove the whole 9 hours with headlights on, only about 6 hours like that today.

After the saga of the radiator ... temp gauge did not move from 86 all the way, level has not changed an iota.

Sat at around 75 - 80 most of the many motorway miles

Estimated to have saved about £130 by being on LPG.

I'll give the old girl a wash tomorrow, she's done well  :y :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 09 March 2013, 22:39:18 by Entwood »

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: 09 March 2013, 22:46:24 »

First full top up on LPG today. Even with all the mucking around I've been doing trying to map it etc I still got 25 MPG. So I'm happy with that. Then took nipper to The national motor museum. Had a right laff
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: 09 March 2013, 23:45:30 »

Found how to override my non starting issue  ::) Well it will do till i get a new part for it  :-X
what ave you done to it
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: 09 March 2013, 23:59:49 »

First full top up on LPG today. Even with all the mucking around I've been doing trying to map it etc I still got 25 MPG. So I'm happy with that. Then took nipper to The national motor museum. Had a right laff

The MPG will drop ;) You'll find you don't mind putting your foot down now it's cheaper to run ::) ;D

Don't forget, mapping it will have involved quite a few miles on petrol though ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

omega3000

« Reply #4596 on: 10 March 2013, 07:56:32 »

what ave you done to it

:D :-[

The throttle linkage that joins to my foot that controls the stepper motor , if you stuff your foot under the pedal it starts every time  ::) so i can rule out the starter motor that i was going to order ...new stepper motor required  :( Stupid sensors and control units  >:( I can see why a lot of them went for carb conversions without the sensors .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: 10 March 2013, 09:44:46 »

I assume thats because you've done a fair amount on petrol. I think 19mpg off a 3.0 and 17mpg off a 3.2 is about right, unless you really are Miss Daisy.

As Cripple says, you'll find you don't drive it economically any more...
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: 10 March 2013, 09:54:24 »

I assume thats because you've done a fair amount on petrol. I think 19mpg off a 3.0 and 17mpg off a 3.2 is about right, unless you really are Miss Daisy.

Bit like a diesel then... as they are so cheap to run (fuel) you tend to drive them like you stole them... as my tyre wear rate would show!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: 10 March 2013, 10:22:56 »

Bit like a diesel then... as they are so cheap to run (fuel) you tend to drive them like you stole them... as my tyre wear rate would show!
My record is 6k from SP9000  :-[

But it was fun  :D :D
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #4600 on: 10 March 2013, 10:26:51 »

TVP managed about 3k from most of the tyres on my lastest aquisition, given what they were paying for their tyres though, I don't suppose it really mattered ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: 10 March 2013, 11:11:27 »

On the recent long run on the motorway, sitting at around 75-80 ish I got a measured 20.32 MPG from the LPG ... which is easily my best so far ... 19.3 was the previous best. Display (which still thinks i'm on petrol of course) has me averaging 28.4 mpg ... which for a well laden 3.2 at those speeds is not too bad IMHO

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: 10 March 2013, 11:15:59 »

On the recent long run on the motorway, sitting at around 75-80 ish I got a measured 20.32 MPG from the LPG ... which is easily my best so far ... 19.3 was the previous best. Display (which still thinks i'm on petrol of course) has me averaging 28.4 mpg ... which for a well laden 3.2 at those speeds is not too bad IMHO

Can't remember the last time I filled mine up, think it was sometime in January ::)

Bet they think I've died at the local BP ;)
I like red cars

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: 10 March 2013, 11:23:26 »

My record is 6k from SP9000  :-[

But it was fun  :D :D
8K from Toyo T1R's... and that's how long Lemforder front wishbone bushes lasted as well!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: 10 March 2013, 11:23:59 »

I managed 30mpg on petrol from Tenby to Oxford just before I LPG'd it, with 4 adults, and enough lugguage for a week away. Mostly between 80 and "considerably quicker".
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.