Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rolson Jacks, Any good?  (Read 2157 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Rolson Jacks, Any good?
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2009, 20:19:15 »

It would be interesting to see if the jack can actually lift (and support) the claimed weight.
Everything I have purchased that has the Rolson brand name has fallen apart in under 3 months from purchase.
Try your head on it :D
Retired

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2009, 20:38:24 »

It would be interesting to see if the jack can actually lift (and support) the claimed weight.
Everything I have purchased that has the Rolson brand name has fallen apart in under 3 months from purchase.

;D ;D ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STMO999

« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2009, 20:39:49 »

;D ;D ;D

Had yer nap ave yer lad? ;D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2009, 20:44:49 »

Just got a 3.5 tonne Rolson jack and am not familiar with the name.

Anyone come across them before? I'd like to know whats supporting the 2 tonne omega when i'm underneath it. ;)

Post a photo of it if you can as I have a3.5 t  Clarke that has given me nothing but trouble,( on our third one now ) and it's just a branded item from Far East,would be interesting to see if it's the same as yours .

This is the one. got it pretty cheap

http://www.rolsontools.com/search.asp?page=1&id=474&tt=13&ct=5&searchCat=3&searchKey=jack

Nope , different . Here's the turd of a thing I'm talking about. Cant really complain really 'cause I returned the first one to Argos and got my money back but Clarke keep sending me replacements when I tell them it's faulty . There's another brand new unopened one in the box below ::)

STMO999

« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2009, 20:47:41 »

That looks really nasty. ;D

waspy

« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2009, 20:51:56 »

Just got a 3.5 tonne Rolson jack and am not familiar with the name.

Anyone come across them before? I'd like to know whats supporting the 2 tonne omega when i'm underneath it. ;)

Rolson= Chinese tat >:( With tools as anyone with any experience with them will tell you "you get what what you pay for". I payed £208.00 for a King Dick socket set the other month for my job, but this set will last me a life time. As it happens it will, i haven't used it yet, because just after i bought it i was made redundant ;D I haven't even undone a nut with it >:( :( :'( :-[

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2009, 21:01:52 »

I payed £208.00 for a King Dick socket set the other month for my job, but this set will last me a life time.  .....

I didn't know you could still get them. It's been years since I last saw any. I think I've got the odd spanner. Snail is another I've not seen for years.

waspy

« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2009, 21:07:35 »

I payed £208.00 for a King Dick socket set the other month for my job, but this set will last me a life time.  .....

I didn't know you could still get them. It's been years since I last saw any. I think I've got the odd spanner. Snail is another I've not seen for years.

Yes they're doing well. They have a supply contract with Rolls Royce through my mates Engineering Supplies & lots of others too. If you need a tailored made/be-spoke set making for a certain application, they'll make it up for you. I wanted hex sockets instead of 12s which was a special order. They had no problem doing it for me :y :y :y

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2009, 21:11:31 »

Give me a drink or two at Newent, Andy and I will show you mine ;D ;D
Retired

KillerWatt

« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2009, 21:13:09 »

Thought about that, but there ain't one big enough to cope with the amount of front I have  ;)

KillerWatt

« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2009, 21:14:19 »

You ain't wrong there...I wouldn't fancy testing that to capacity with the footprint it has

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 August 2009, 22:31:32 »

Give me a drink or two at Newent, Andy and I will show you mine ;D ;D

Phew! I'm glad I'm not going anywhere near Newent!!!!  :o   :y  :y

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 August 2009, 22:57:46 »

Utter crap as I said . I bought this instead , great jack and very reasonable too .Paid €80 ,about £75 .
I'll sell the new Clarke and buy another . :y

Nickbat

« Reply #28 on: 18 August 2009, 00:11:50 »

Is it just me or does Rolson Jacks seem like a really good name for a blues singer?

;) ;D ;D ;D

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 August 2009, 11:58:18 »

Rolson seems to be a brand name you see everywhere these days - usually at a quarter of the price of the nearest equivalent.  I've bought a couple of bits and pieces and with limited use they do they job.  But the quality isn't up to much and I dont think they'd be up to frequent/heavy use.

Don't think I'd be confident about using a jack from them.  :(
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.