Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HiFi dithering  (Read 2378 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
HiFi dithering
« on: 27 November 2019, 10:09:22 »

I just "happened to be passsing" a high end HiFi shop yesterday. Much of my existing kit was bought in the late 80s.

I been threatened with something very unpleasant if I start messing about with things in the house before Christmas, but my credit cards are twitching. The kit I am eying is over £1k (just amp + speakers), that's after a £200 trade=in deal.

Oh dear I need some distraction, I may not be able to resist . . .  :-\

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: HiFi dithering
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2019, 10:20:37 »

Just do it you know you want to 😃😄😆
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2019, 10:36:08 »

Agreed. Give me reasons why you shouldn't. If you want it and can afford it.....do it.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2019, 11:33:02 »

Dam, I spotted the title and assumed it was an interesting Hifi techie topic.

Then I open it up and find its actually related to an inability (or lack of bravery) to make a decision  ;D ;) :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2019, 11:55:18 »

Then I open it up and find its actually related to an inability (or lack of bravery) to make a decision  ;D ;) :y

Well ok then, Arcam SA20 + Dali Oberon 5s  or Rega Brio + Dali Oberon 5s. Much the same total cost after deals. Would possibly throw KEF Q550s into the mix instead of Dali, but they are pretty ugly.

I've had demo of the Rega/Dali combo, but not (yet) the Arcam/Dali as they didn't have one at the time. Not that indecisive, but deffo lacking bravery !   ::)

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2019, 11:57:07 »

Well ok then, Arcam SA20 + Dali Oberon 5s  or Rega Brio + Dali Oberon 5s. Much the same total cost after deals. Would possibly throw KEF Q550s into the mix instead of Dali, but they are pretty ugly.

I've had demo of the Rega/Dali combo, but not (yet) the Arcam/Dali as they didn't have one at the time. Not that indecisive, but deffo lacking bravery !   ::)

I would love to live in a property where I could blast it out without being taken to court by the council. I'd have no qualms about splashing out.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2019, 12:17:37 »

I would love to live in a property where I could blast it out without being taken to court by the council. I'd have no qualms about splashing out.

Well, I sort of can (within reason). And, I do have a drum kit in the garage  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2019, 12:23:04 »

Is your hearing at your age able to discern the difference between £1000 equipment and £100? Or come to that between your old system and the proposed one?

If no, how about spending £900 on an Omega for entertainment and keep your current marvellous system.?

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 27 November 2019, 12:30:41 »

Is your hearing at your age able to discern the difference between £1000 equipment and £100? Or come to that between your old system and the proposed one?

If no, how about spending £900 on an Omega for entertainment and keep your current marvellous system.?
He's only 28.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 November 2019, 12:33:44 »

Oh sorry, I thought he was 82.

Spend your cash.  :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2019, 12:44:53 »

;D ;D

Actually that's a real valid point, my high frequency sensitivity ain't wot it was, prefer systems with a clear high end.

Another Omega !  Well I had four, all great cars but . . . . I can live without the excitiment of anticipating the next repair bill  :o

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2019, 13:03:42 »

Funnily enough, we went to a brilliant Science Park recently with loads of hands on exhibits. One tested your hearing range. Only two of four in our party could hear all the offerings.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2019, 17:42:03 »

He's only 28...... In sheep years!  ;D

FTFY.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2019, 18:46:08 »

Try this and buy accordingly  ::  no point in wasting cash : https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/test-how-old-are-your-ears/
Laying a rubber road.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 November 2019, 23:05:12 »

Nothing like ambitious enough on the wife-unfriendly speaker front. ;D

I can recommend a pair of these, though: http://www.eminent-tech.com/LFT8.html  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.