Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing a dent...  (Read 1073 times)

PaulW

• Omega Knight
  • Somewhere near Manchester
  • Come on you fiend!
    • Some crappy Insignia
    • View Profile
Removing a dent...
« on: 09 November 2006, 10:22:43 »

I soooo hate living in Liverpool... really do...  if its not the constant barage of eggs or stones thrown at the house, the latest now is the little scrotes decided to kick in the drivers wing on my car last night...  why??  All I can suggest why is because I have long hair  [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]

Anyways, enough ranting...

Dent in question hasn't cracked any paint, its just a dish sort of dent, no sharp creases...  how hard would it be to remove the top of the inner plastic arch lining so I can get something behind it to 'push' it out, or should I use a sucker thing??

Also, what would you recommend would be the best tool to break legs/arms... Breaker bar is all I have to hand right now...

Cheers
« Last Edit: 09 November 2006, 10:23:22 by PaulW »
Humbugs...

omegaV6CD

• Intermediate Member
  • Darlington
    • View Profile
Re: Removing a dent...
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2006, 10:48:33 »

I soooo hate living in Liverpool... really do...  if its not the constant barage of eggs or stones thrown at the house, the latest now is the little scrotes decided to kick in the drivers wing on my car last night...  why??  All I can suggest why is because I have long hair  [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]

Anyways, enough ranting...

Dent in question hasn't cracked any paint, its just a dish sort of dent, no sharp creases...  how hard would it be to remove the top of the inner plastic arch lining so I can get something behind it to 'push' it out, or should I use a sucker thing??

Also, what would you recommend would be the best tool to break legs/arms... Breaker bar is all I have to hand right now...

Cheers

Apparently one of the best aikido instructors is in Birkenhead which is very far, i'm sure he can help you break legs arms etc. ;D.
You should be able to remove the liner quiet easily, but it might be a bit of a challenege to fix the dent.
I hate the youngsters in Liverpool, i chased them a couple of times when they herrassed my gf but i never managed to catch them, i would make them regret the day they were born.

rpont

• Intermediate Member
  • Tadcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2006, 12:22:56 »

It could be worse, you could live in York. About 100 cars have had their tyres slashed Monday and Tuesday night, some all four tyres and some on both nights. None on Wednesday night, I suspect the mobile Police station in the street put them off.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2006, 12:23:35 by rpont »

PaulW

• Omega Knight
  • Somewhere near Manchester
  • Come on you fiend!
    • Some crappy Insignia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2006, 13:06:37 »

It could be worse, you could live in York. About 100 cars have had their tyres slashed Monday and Tuesday night, some all four tyres and some on both nights. None on Wednesday night, I suspect the mobile Police station in the street put them off.

yeah i heard about that one :o

im gona try a sucker thing on the wing, if that doesnt work then wing off & knock the dent out...

or just get another wing from a scrappy...
Humbugs...

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2006, 13:12:36 »

Thats the best approach....

It is easy for me to remove a 'Dent', simply go to the members list, find Dent, select Bob and click remove......
« Last Edit: 09 November 2006, 13:21:25 by Mark »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2006, 13:59:34 »

It is easy for me to remove a 'Dent', simply go to the members list, find Dent, select Bob and click remove......

;D ;D ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

mijfife

• Intermediate Member
  • Rosyth, Fife. Scotland
  • AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG, IT'S WAS ONLY A GLS!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2006, 14:49:45 »

Hi Paul, if the wing isn't creased and the paint intact, the dent should pop back out without too much hassle. I'd try the sucker approach first. Failing that, the arch liner comes off with a few plastic nuts, some pop in clips and a couple of torx headed screws at the mud flap and front edge. The pop in clips need to have the center pin depressed and this will probably disappear inside the cavity. Either replace from Vauxhall or do as I did and use some screws to replace the pin. If you are knocking out from the inside, try with your hand first. If using a mallet or bits of wood, be careful not to push it too far or you'll stretch the metal.  

It might be worth seeing if you have one of those Dent Master type places near to you. They can work wonders, a mate of mine works for Arnold Clarke and he's seen them sort quite bad dents. I don't think they are expensive either.

Cheers Jim  
The fleet consists of a Singer Chamois Coupe, an Imp based kit car - BS Nymph, and a Kawasaki GPZ 900R (& a Toyota RAV4 LPG for the work horse!)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2006, 15:41:53 »

;D ;D ;D ;D
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2006, 20:48:28 »

You sod, I've just spat beer everywhere  >:(     ;D
Grumpy old man

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2006, 17:20:25 »

As said try to push it out from inside if you can. the important thing is to do this repair as soon as you can before the metal stretches for good ( where are you in Liverpool p.m me with your contact details I may be able to help you further)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.