Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning light  (Read 1101 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Warning light
« on: 26 July 2019, 10:28:28 »

As I wasn't satisfied at the way the temp gauge fluctuated I recently changed the thermostat and as a belt and braces approach the temp sender unit and cts,then discovered a screech when staring[just briefly to make sure all was rebuilt correctly]so a delay in bleeding the cooling system until a shorter auxiliary belt[to bypass the aircon compressor which I discovered to be kaput]arrived which I got round to fitting yesterday.Freshly charged battery fitted[I'd flattened it by not shutting the boot fully :-[] Ignition on and I noticed that the red warning light on the temp gauge-the thermometer looking one-lit up along with the others and like the others went out after a second or two.I don't recall ever seeing this light up previously[except once when it did overheat]although my memory could well be faulty on this.So should it light up/extinguish in this way as part of the self check system? Or is it indicative of another fault? Temp gauge got up to an indication of just short of 90 which then very slowly crept to 90 before the fans[all 3] fired up and dropped the indication back to just below 90 although the fans didn't stop until after I'd turned the engine off.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Warning light
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2019, 10:50:18 »

Just checked and My 2.6 does light up the temp symbol on the gauge  and go out with all the other EML etc self checks   :y
I gave mine a good spanking in the heat on Wednesday with no temperature related issues  :)
though I did loose traction slightly on a sharp bend (27 MPH honest officer  :-[ )
temperature related in that I was over-heating myself and wanted needed a cold beer out the fridge at home  :P

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2019, 10:55:57 »

Cheers for that dtb :y So either my faulty memory[highly likely ;D]or something I've swapped has made it behave as it should have done all along.When your cooling fans start up do they shut themselves down after a period-presumably having brought the temp down below a certain threshold[my Volvos do this]or do they continue to run until after the engine has been stopped?

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2019, 11:09:57 »

My fans are sometimes running after I've parked ,turned off and left the car on a hot day  ;D
I don't know how many fans run when it gets hot but they kick in and out as I'd expect when stationary
I have the MV6 bumper which has a large open mesh section which may help cooling  :-\
I'm also missing the rubber strip bellow the bumper still (I have it but not fitted it  :P) so perhaps more air goes under to cool
  :-\

Hopefully you've sussed the problem Mr Baza

I'm sure more knowledgeable people will advise  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2019, 19:20:36 »

The last time I noticed[before changing the bits I've just changed]when the fans kicked in it was only the rear fan and the n/s front one that did so-and they didn't turn off until after the engine had been stopped.This time it was all three fans that were running and not turning off.The interior heating was turned up to high[with eco showing in the display]and the interior fan on its slowest setting for bleeding the cooling system.I'm not sure how many fans should fire up at once,but for them not shutting back off again I'm wondering whether one or both radiator thermoswitches are at fault or indeed could it be a faulty fan relay?

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2019, 20:55:13 »

BazaJT my understanding of possible all fans operation is in the following thread, if it helps,

https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=78257.msg1043733#msg1043733

Cheers
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.