Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to the site!! annoying alarm problem  (Read 1508 times)

bestysv6

• bradford west yorks
    • View Profile
new to the site!! annoying alarm problem
« on: 01 June 2007, 00:23:04 »

new to the site! had my omega v6 just over a week and am very impressed until fitting my aftermarket kenwood headunit yesterday it plugs in and works fine but sets of the alarm 10-15 seconds after locking doors with key fob or with the key yet when changed back to original vauxhall cd300 model cd player its fine auto electricians havnt any ideas over the phone but want £30-£40 to look at it . does anyone have the same problem or know how to bypass the security on the stereo

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: new to the site!! annoying alarm problem
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2007, 08:01:45 »

Is the alarm constant or does the powersounder beep 3-4 times after locking the doors?

Just confirming

If this is constant try checking the bonnet alarm plunger maybe making bad contact when shut its either bolted to side of the PAS reservior or somewhere the other side of the engine bay. Position is dependent on whether facelift or pre facelift.

I'm not sure whether there is anything radio related regards the alarm, the only thing I can think of you may have knocked a cable behind there.

Still someone hopefully will be along to help you further

Good Luck in getting it sorted and welcome to the site :y
« Last Edit: 01 June 2007, 08:02:48 by nixoro »

bestysv6

• bradford west yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2007, 10:13:59 »

cheers will give it a try just thinking its down to radio as its fine with original cd player in it just sets the horn beeping when i lock doors

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2007, 14:20:27 »

Some of the wiring diagrams I've seen show a connection to the radio from the alarm. I don't know if there's a switch in the radio aperture or a connection to the radio which sounds the alarm if broken?

It might be worth getting the alarm codes read out. That will hopefully tell you what's been setting it off.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2007, 14:48:12 »

Some of the wiring diagrams I've seen show a connection to the radio from the alarm. I don't know if there's a switch in the radio aperture or a connection to the radio which sounds the alarm if broken?

It might be worth getting the alarm codes read out. That will hopefully tell you what's been setting it off.

Kevin

Never thought of that, good thinking that man. :y

I had my car tech2 initially when i didn't know what on earth was causing my alarm problems, VX put it on Tech2 and diagnosed the bonnet plunger/sensor at fault they even told me my second key at the time was not syncronised so as kevin says get the codes read to be 100%.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.