Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This weekend’s toy...  (Read 7166 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: This weekend’s toy...
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2018, 13:39:07 »

Nice  :y

How much was that to hire, did they give you some points on how to operate it? Seen a property locally we like, but needs a fair bit of work. One of these would make it far easier for painting and sorting the guttering.

Also, lovely house  :y

Love a period property like that, been eyeing a few up in the Leeds area.  :-X

I think that would be a good move for you. Nice part of the country. Still got its traffic jams but as you say you get a lot of house for your money.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2018, 13:52:06 »

I think that would be a good move for you. Nice part of the country. Still got its traffic jams but as you say you get a lot of house for your money.

There's only one downside .. he'll be ~150 miles closer to uncle STEMO..  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2018, 17:03:58 »

I recall my course and certification for various mechanical lifting platforms in a previous role.  You can imagine it, somebody shit scared of heights, and having to fully extend every single one I had to go on.  And although it was actually probably no wind at all, it felt like a hurricane when above building height ;D

I've fallen off too many ladders and telegraph poles (including falling off a pole on my pole climbing course - apparently a first ;D), my balls aren't big enough now to be more than an inch off the ground ;D
Grumpy old man

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2018, 18:20:51 »

:y Big boys toys ! very nice house ,  I'm guessing Edwardian or late Victorian ?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2018, 21:18:03 »

Thanks :) and a very good guess. Completed in 1904, and started in the yr Queen Vic dropped off the perch  :y

I've fallen off too many ladders and telegraph poles (including falling off a pole on my pole climbing course - apparently a first ;D)

;D  ;D ;D

I may have just had to clean beer off my phone screen!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 June 2018, 16:26:48 »

Thanks :) and a very good guess. Completed in 1904, and started in the yr Queen Vic dropped off the perch  :y

I've fallen off too many ladders and telegraph poles (including falling off a pole on my pole climbing course - apparently a first ;D)

;D  ;D ;D

Try 1901. :y

3 years to build a house. Lazy bastards. :)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 June 2018, 16:37:39 »

;D  ;D ;D

I've been trying to think of a way to answer that post. I guess he ended up rolling about on the floor... but not in the way I did when I read about it.  ;D ;D ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2018, 17:34:20 »

;D  ;D ;D

I've been trying to think of a way to answer that post. I guess he ended up rolling about on the floor... but not in the way I did when I read about it.  ;D ;D ;D
I know sympathy is hard to find on OOF. Bastids ;D

The falling off on the course actually worked out well, as one of the girlies on the course was very sympathetic that evening ::)
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 June 2018, 17:58:13 »

Nice  :y

How much was that to hire, did they give you some points on how to operate it? Seen a property locally we like, but needs a fair bit of work. One of these would make it far easier for painting and sorting the guttering.

Also, lovely house  :y

Love a period property like that, been eyeing a few up in the Leeds area.  :-X

I think that would be a good move for you. [highlight[Nice part of the country[/highlight]. Still got its traffic jams but as you say you get a lot of house for your money.

Nope...it`s a shithole and the infrastructure is even worse.

The north side of Leeds is the only area worth considering unless you`re looking at ten miles or more out from the centre.

If I had the money I`d be gone from here and be somewhere nice and quiet with less council housing.

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 June 2018, 20:32:34 »

everyone I meet new to the area, seems to have moved from Leeds ::) to sherburn in elmet, south milford,monk fryston etc

they must all agree with you.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2018, 21:43:16 »

There are some nice places outside of Leeds but it`s not the place it used to be, I was brought up in Yeadon near Leeds and Bradford airport and it was regarded posh, even though it wasn`t but I wouldn`t move back there now, even though where I live isn`t great.

Leeds doesn`t get any higher than an E in the insurance ratings which speaks for itself.

In six years I`m mortgage free so I might be tempted to move east towards Beverley, some lovely places out that way. York is nice too but to much of a flood risk.

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 06 June 2018, 08:34:50 »

York is nice too but to much of a flood risk.

Not to mention chuffing expensive if you actually want to live in York, rather than "in York" outside the ring road (Shipton, Haxby, Stockton etc.. used to nip through those every morning to avoid the A64 between the A19 and the A1079, and that was 20 years ago! I dread to think what the ring road traffic is like at rush hour, now..)

[edit] Do you still risk getting stabbed if you go to Chapeltown? ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 June 2018, 08:54:58 »

There are some nice places outside of Leeds but it`s not the place it used to be, I was brought up in Yeadon near Leeds and Bradford airport and it was regarded posh, even though it wasn`t but I wouldn`t move back there now, even though where I live isn`t great.

Leeds doesn`t get any higher than an E in the insurance ratings which speaks for itself.

In six years I`m mortgage free so I might be tempted to move east towards Beverley, some lovely places out that way. York is nice too but to much of a flood risk.

I have been thinking Ossett area, Wakefield.  :-\

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 June 2018, 09:34:08 »

I have been thinking Ossett area, Wakefield.  :-\

I went to ossett and came away with a wife.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 June 2018, 13:05:59 »

I have been thinking Ossett area, Wakefield. :-\

I think that's pretty close to STEMO territory !  :o ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.