Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: THOSE wishbones.....  (Read 3746 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: THOSE wishbones.....
« Reply #30 on: 17 September 2017, 16:08:33 »

Now I don't know what to do, especially now that I've bought wishbones (and Ebay ball joints)!
Where do you get poly bushes from?

Ron.
Ron, don't fret yourself. Fit the bits from ATP. Keep your old wishbones and at some point in the near future, clean them up and fit the new ball joints to them. At that point, obtain and fit new rear bushes and poly front bushes. You will then have a set of wishbones ready to either fit to your car as and when or to sell on to another OOFer :y

This... I doubt your driving style or mileage justify worrying too much  ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 September 2017, 16:25:45 »

Exactly.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 September 2017, 16:32:05 »

beyond being double the cost (and you have to buy decent quality coppaslip, not the shite the likes of Powerflex supply, to stop squeaking 6 months down the line)

FFS sake Jaime, is there anything you can't wear out quicker than everyone else?

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 September 2017, 16:50:37 »

I may upset a few "purists" on here but here goes. I had my old PFL for seven years and never had any suspension or steering repairs (only a rear spring), no geo. setups etc. Tyre wear was very good and passed MOT with minimal fuss as i had things done when needed doing, not waiting for the test to come round. My Desmond is very similar re tyre wear and steering etc work and geo. setting. Also same regarding MOTs. It,s my only car so it is used daily and also, same as BigRon, i am on a pension so things have to be kept tight, which is probably more than my suspension ;D. I,m quite satisfied with the ride/handling of my car and as long as it keeps passing tests it,s fine by me. I daresay if a few of you guys drove my car you would find not to your liking but, it,s mine and i,m happy :y Just saying ;D.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 September 2017, 17:04:12 »

Nothing wrong with that imo. Ive gone to town a bit with my current one, but its how I motivate myself to put in 80 + hour weeks.
Its my treat to myself, if that makes sense.
Ironically, this has coincided with me becoming a bit of a grandad driver.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

powerslinky

« Reply #35 on: 17 September 2017, 17:24:50 »

Now I don't know what to do, especially now that I've bought wishbones (and Ebay ball joints)!
Where do you get poly bushes from?

Ron.
Ron, don't fret yourself. Fit the bits from ATP. Keep your old wishbones and at some point in the near future, clean them up and fit the new ball joints to them. At that point, obtain and fit new rear bushes and poly front bushes. You will then have a set of wishbones ready to either fit to your car as and when or to sell on to another OOFer :y

This... I doubt your driving style or mileage justify worrying too much  ;)

Exactly my thoughts when I suggested the ATP 6 piece kit to Ron .  Fit those parts , get a geo set up , get a new rad fitted & you will be good for another couple of years at least. ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 September 2017, 19:10:10 »

Thank you gentlemen, I feel encouraged now. I especkally like the suggestioin from DG to fit wishbones and refurb my old ones - if they are still sound.
The wishbones are promised for next Thursday, but I'm still uncertain about radiator supplier: BigAl is also looking and I was thinking of waiting for him to buy his (don't tell him!) and if it fitted without drama, go and do likewise.....
The next problem is to find an Oofer willing to fit things for me - I have no faith in local garages and the excellent Tyre-Smart do not undertake mechanical work, only tyre sales and alignment. My coolant leak won't allow me to get to Serek.

Ron.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 September 2017, 20:52:02 »

Thank you gentlemen, I feel encouraged now. I especkally like the suggestioin from DG to fit wishbones and refurb my old ones - if they are still sound.
The wishbones are promised for next Thursday, but I'm still uncertain about radiator supplier: BigAl is also looking and I was thinking of waiting for him to buy his (don't tell him!) and if it fitted without drama, go and do likewise.....
The next problem is to find an Oofer willing to fit things for me - I have no faith in local garages and the excellent Tyre-Smart do not undertake mechanical work, only tyre sales and alignment. My coolant leak won't allow me to get to Serek.

Ron.

Are you in a rush to have them fitted? Replacing wishbones isn't a long job, but I'm busy for the next couple of weekends.

I can't see the point in refurbing existing ones - I did 3 pairs last year, and binned the lot. And I certainly wouldn't be doing it with them on the car.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 September 2017, 21:17:03 »

No big rush, Nick; I really appreciate thew offer, thank you.
I haven't got the wishbones yet. Fortunately I don't need to go very far for a while so I won't wear down my new tyres! Also, I've yet to order a new radiator.....

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 September 2017, 21:28:04 »

beyond being double the cost (and you have to buy decent quality coppaslip, not the shite the likes of Powerflex supply, to stop squeaking 6 months down the line)

FFS sake Jaime, is there anything you can't wear out quicker than everyone else?
The squeaking/creaking is really annoying ;D
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 September 2017, 22:11:40 »

Them that grew up with Molyslip stick with Molyslip.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 September 2017, 18:38:53 »

Them that grew up with Molyslip stick with Molyslip.  :)
Exactly Mr YZ. That's precisely what I mean by decent Coppaslip :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.