Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Entertainment success  (Read 5652 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Entertainment success
« Reply #15 on: 07 March 2019, 19:07:54 »

;D ;D ;D :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March 2019, 20:58:08 »

But its still a shitty FM modulator, with all the clarity issues that provides (not to mention reducing FM radio reception)

You certainly know how to make a girl feel proud of her efforts........ ;) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Doesn't he just Opti! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

For me it is a big advance on my wind-up 78rpm gramophone!! :D :D :-* :-* ;)

Should I send Shami round in leather boots and basque to discipline him, Lizzie?

He's her number one fan, you know. :)

That's a good idea Opti! :y :y

He's just jealous that I can get the best out of a 15 year old car's music system with minimal expense ::) ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;)

After all he is a professional IT guy who would fit a 21st century system to my car, then hiss through his teeth as he tells me how much he is going to charge for his work! :D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 07 March 2019, 21:01:35 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 March 2019, 18:56:20 »

After all he is a professional IT guy who would fit a 21st century system to my car, then hiss through his teeth as he tells me how much he is going to charge for his work! :D ;D ;)
As well you know, my Omega has a NCDC2013 for in car entertainment ;).  But I won't use a wired in FM Modulator.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 March 2019, 19:46:58 »

As well you know, my Omega has a NCDC2013 for in car entertainment ;).  But I won't use a wired in FM Modulator.

I didn't know that TB.  I thought you of all people would have a state of the art, 21st century, computer controlled entertainment system. Certainly not a prehistoric device like the NCDC 2013 like I have :o :o :D :D :D ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2019, 22:45:25 »

Nowt wrong with a NCDC/R, CID and a Line in mod.... (ground loop isolator helps clean the input up if you power your MP3 off the back of the noisy cigarette lighter feed.)

Nav still gets you to where you need to go although some road realignments confuses it!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2019, 18:45:42 »

Nowt wrong with a NCDC/R, CID and a Line in mod....
Exactly. And the Bose still sounds pretty reasonable, even with 15yrs of Mrs TB thrashing the speakers to within an inch of their lives.

And the Nav section still outperforms the portable units currently available, although the maps are getting dated now, though still good enough.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2019, 19:10:59 »

I didn't know that TB.  I thought you of all people would have a state of the art, 21st century, computer controlled entertainment system. Certainly not a prehistoric device like the NCDC 2013 like I have :o :o :D :D :D ;)
Problem is Lizzie is we seem to going backwards in terms of REAL Sound Quality is this modern age of ours, most of the these so called Bluetooth Devices or Mini Pod Speakers peeps use to deliver there Sounds today are far from what we would term as HiFi in the old days.

Started my Electonics Career as a Sound Engineer in a Studio then a HiFi / Audio Engineer and whilst then I would had to have listened to some Snap, Crackle and Hiss the quality far out performs most of the modern mini and portable junk sold these days

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2019, 14:14:03 »

Problem is Lizzie is we seem to going backwards in terms of REAL Sound Quality is this modern age of ours, most of the these so called Bluetooth Devices or Mini Pod Speakers peeps use to deliver there Sounds today are far from what we would term as HiFi in the old days.

Started my Electonics Career as a Sound Engineer in a Studio then a HiFi / Audio Engineer and whilst then I would had to have listened to some Snap, Crackle and Hiss the quality far out performs most of the modern mini and portable junk sold these days

The real tragedy is that music is now being mastered to suit shitty Bluetooth speakers so it sounds appalling no matter what you play it on. It's a good job I don't listen to much music that was recorded past the '80s. ::)

You can't change the laws of physics. If you want decent sound reproduction, you need to give over a significant chunk of living room space to speakers. People of today can't be @rsed with that, so end up with god awful sound bars, or even echo dots and the like as their music source.

They got blown away when they hear a decent system, but then say they'd like to hear it from a smaller box, as if that's even remotely plausible. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2019, 14:25:40 »

The real tragedy is that music is now being mastered to suit shitty Bluetooth speakers so it sounds appalling no matter what you play it on. It's a good job I don't listen to much music that was recorded past the '80s. ::)

You can't change the laws of physics. If you want decent sound reproduction, you need to give over a significant chunk of living room space to speakers. People of today can't be @rsed with that, so end up with god awful sound bars, or even echo dots and the like as their music source.

They got blown away when they hear a decent system, but then say they'd like to hear it from a smaller box, as if that's even remotely plausible. ;D
Some people just tap their feet, hum along and get on with their life.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2019, 14:46:41 »

Some people just tap their feet, hum along and get on with their life.
Ah, yes the Singers and the Worders we used to call them.  ;D

Oh, I like this one, turn it Up, then start Singing over the top of it so loudly that they actually drown out the original music.

Then the Worders, knows absolute every words in all the Songs, but ask them anything about the Musical Arrangement or the presence of the Music and they wouldn't have a clue. 

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2019, 20:02:49 »

I know what you are saying Zirk and no one can disagree that our past hi-fi systems with vinyl could be superb. How I miss my Dynatrone! ::) :D

But in my car I am more than happy with the Bose system as it is so advanced on the mono, single speaker, MW radios that I started with in 1973! (My first car in 1970 did not even have a radio) When driving it is as good as a mobile, tin box on wheels can be for my ears. It may be no where near the quality of studio, with advance speaker, reproduction but it is good enough for me.  I do not need any boom boxes in the boot and speakers generally bigger than the car that's for sure ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 20:04:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 12 March 2019, 20:05:15 »

Nah.......it's just that our hearing was better back in the 80's. We've lost most of our high frequency hearing.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2019, 20:08:11 »

Nah.......it's just that our hearing was better back in the 80's. We've lost most of our high frequency hearing.

Well, that could be very true! ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2019, 20:08:31 »

Pardon?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2019, 20:21:23 »

Pardon?

Sorry, didn't hear that. Did you say Parton? Yes, our Dolly is great....... :D ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.