Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good news for Opti  (Read 2641 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Good news for Opti
« on: 05 July 2019, 08:10:24 »

Today Range Rover Jaguar are to announced a huge investment of hundreds of millions of pounds in building their cars in electric form:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48875406

Opti will be still able to buy a Jag for hopefully many years to come  8) 8)

2040 is a long time away, but I feel sure the commercial sector will be doubling their efforts to meet the new challenges of going electric, and the Government will have to respond to fully aid this process - once Brexit is out of the way!

Do not forget the railways went from 125 miles in 1830 to over 10,000 miles in 1860, and that involved massive engineering with simple tools and brut force. So the project to electrify our vehicles with all the technology, developing fast, and create the infrastructure required within the next 21 years is more than possible.

The revolution has already started, and for our young it will be a reality and they will laugh at us and our internal combustion engines :D ;)

aaronjb

Re: Good news for Opti
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2019, 08:41:20 »

The revolution has already started, and for our young it will be a reality and they will laugh at us and our internal combustion engines :D ;)

And we can laugh at them for everything they are missing out on (heart, soul, passion, noise, smell, involvement) while they stare at however they consume electronic media by then as the world crumbles around them.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2019, 11:43:39 »

Exactly.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2019, 12:07:28 »

Absolutely I've 4 grandsons ranging in age from 15 down to 7 all have been out for a " spirited" ride in my Merc & they loved the noise & the seemingless endless amount of acceleration a  V8 gives, you can keep your awful looking Teslas boring & soulless, or any other electric offerings.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2019, 12:12:30 by Tilbo »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2019, 12:34:06 »

Today Range Rover Jaguar are to announced a huge investment of hundreds of millions of pounds in building their cars in electric form:

2040 is a long time away, but I feel sure the commercial sector will be doubling their efforts to meet the new challenges of going electric, and the Government will have to respond to fully aid this process - once Brexit is out of the way!

Do not forget the railways went from 125 miles in 1830 to over 10,000 miles in 1860, and that involved massive engineering with simple tools and brut force. So the project to electrify our vehicles with all the technology, developing fast, and create the infrastructure required within the next 21 years is more than possible.

Yes......things can move on very quickly once a direction of travel is decided upon.

I recently read that only 10 years ago renewable energy contributed to only 1% of our energy needs. So almost insignificant.

A decade on the figure is around 20% and rising. Use of coal is now almost zero.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2019, 16:22:56 »

And we can laugh at them for everything they are missing out on (heart, soul, passion, noise, smell, involvement) while they stare at however they consume electronic media by then as the world crumbles around them.

Just like those who cherished the horse mocked those who believed in the new fangled steam engine, then car. ;D ;D ;D :-* :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2019, 16:31:59 »

Yes......things can move on very quickly once a direction of travel is decided upon.

I recently read that only 10 years ago renewable energy contributed to only 1% of our energy needs. So almost insignificant.

A decade on the figure is around 20% and rising. Use of coal is now almost zero.

Exactly, and that is how the human race advances does it not.  Nothing stays the same as we all want to evolve, although when I am swearing at the IT stuff that does not work as it should for me, I HATE it!! >:( >:( ;D ;D ;D ;)

The young take over from the old, in both human and technological terms.  We cannot stop it.

As I stated elsewhere, all the challenges we face now with electric generation, electric storage, and electric distribution, will be resolved due to man's creativity and desire to win!

I have loved being on the footplate of many a steam railway engine, but I have loved the thrill of driving a full blooded internal combustion engined car.  The future generations will occasionally, no doubt, have the pleasure of both those things, but still love their Tesla automatically zooming them at tremendously high speeds in complete, and utter silence, with traffic management systems that have eradicated being stuck for hours in many mile traffic jams; oh, yes, don't we enjoy them, NOT!! ::) ::) :P

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2019, 16:54:38 »

Your last para.

Cars automatically zooming along at high speeds with traffic management systems eliminating traffic jams . My paraphrase.

Your faith in computing is amazing. My prediction is slower travel speeds, even more congestion due to no policies limiting growth in car ownership or building new road capacity and regular monumental standstills caused by a variety of unforeseen issues. Things like Blue screen of death, incompatible operating systems or enterprising indviduals modding their own car operating system with illegal lane priority, speed limiter overide
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2019, 17:01:22 »

At least you can eat the horse when it breaks down ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2019, 17:04:22 »

At least you can eat the horse when it breaks down ::)

.....and boil  up it's bones  to make glue.

Waste not want not. :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2019, 17:07:52 »

Your last para.

Cars automatically zooming along at high speeds with traffic management systems eliminating traffic jams . My paraphrase.

Your faith in computing is amazing. My prediction is slower travel speeds, even more congestion due to no policies limiting growth in car ownership or building new road capacity and regular monumental standstills caused by a variety of unforeseen issues. Things like Blue screen of death, incompatible operating systems or enterprising individuals modding their own car operating system with illegal lane priority, speed limiter overide

We shall see.  Time will tell what will happen in 30 years time.

The railways advanced human travel speeds in the past and I personally still favour their great potential to do more in the future.  More people, and GOODS travelling on the railways will reduce the demand on the roads that, yes, MUST be developed to accommodate the new forms of 'motor' transport, so that these forms of transportation TOGETHER can make the movement of humans far more efficient in the coming age. But, yes again, it will take the will of the Government / the people to make it happen. 

After Brexit the government, who ever that is, must really get down to business to plan new transport policy to ensure whatever advantages the new British age can deliver, we enjoy them! ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2019, 17:39:08 »

Your last para.

Your faith in computing is amazing. My prediction is slower travel speeds, even more congestion due to no policies limiting growth in car ownership or building new road capacity and regular monumental standstills caused by a variety of unforeseen issues. Things like Blue screen of death, incompatible operating systems or enterprising individuals modding their own car operating system with illegal lane priority, speed limiter overide

The railways advanced human travel speeds in the past and I personally still favour their great potential to do more in the future.  More people, and GOODS travelling on the railways will reduce the demand on the roads that, yes, MUST be developed to accommodate the new forms of 'motor' transport, so that these forms of transportation TOGETHER can make the movement of humans far more efficient in the coming age. But, yes again, it will take the will of the Government / the people to make it happen. 

After Brexit the government, who ever that is, must really get down to business to plan new transport policy to ensure whatever advantages the new British age can deliver, we enjoy them! ;)

Elon Musk reckons his company will put a man on Mars by 2025........decades before NASA. Wishful thinking most likely.

Teleportation should solve excessive amounts of traffic on the roads. :) ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2019, 17:48:08 »

Your last para.

Elon Musk reckons his company will put a man on Mars by 2025........decades before NASA. Wishful thinking most likely.

It is private capital and commercial enterprise that have advanced the technology of man, from the ships that traded across the oceans, trains that transversed the lands, aircraft that fly the World, and road transport that traverses the counties of the World.  Government never have been masters of progress, and that is one reason why the Soviet Union collapsed into a state of mediocrity and obsolescence.   It is individuals and companies of capitalism that have done that.

The one exception may be during wars, but it has still been the creativity of individuals and companies that have finally developed the fighting machines and the logistics of conflict. ;) 
« Last Edit: 05 July 2019, 17:49:55 by Lizzie Zoom »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2019, 18:22:06 »

[/quote]

IF teleportation should ever become possible, consider what might happen if there were multiple receivers providing several copies of whatever was transmitted.....many duplicates of Boris, for example!
OR, as many copies of Diana Rigg as you could dream of?

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2019, 18:32:11 »

IF teleportation should ever become possible, consider what might happen if there were multiple receivers providing several copies of whatever was transmitted.....many duplicates of Boris, for example!
OR, as many copies of Diana Rigg as you could dream of?

Ron.
[/quote]

You'd want the 1965 version........plus the Elan. :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.