Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Increasing Fuel Pressure  (Read 508 times)

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
Increasing Fuel Pressure
« on: 26 April 2010, 04:45:42 »

Hi Guys. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put an aftermarket adjustable Fuel Regulator on his or her omega, particularly on a 2.0 16v. I used to do this during my college days when I was a weekend racer with my honda civic. But first, lets establish the benchmark. Can anyone confirm that the fuel pressure of the x20xev is 3 bar at idle(throttle closed)? The benefits of slightly increasing the fuel pressure is better atomization of the fuel for a more efficient combustion. I mean slightly only as increasing pressure too much will do more bad than good and will decrease fuel mileage. Of course, a clean throttle body and lesser restricted intake system will definitely complement things. Not much gains in HP but it will certainly make the car more responsive. I'm new to vauxhalls/opels and would like to consult first before doing anything, as some of the tuning tricks i know may not be applicable or may even be detrimental.  :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing Fuel Pressure
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2010, 08:38:39 »

Your atomisation theory is floored.

The pressure will be matched to the ideal for the injector nozzle and as we all know, if you up the pressue on a nozzle you get a diferent spray aptterna adn this might actualy reduce atomisation.

The best method to create atomisation is to squirt the fuel onto the back of a hot inlet valve.....which is what already happens.

Anyway, the standard fuel pressure is 3Bar and Vx do actualy sell a 3.7bar (I think , might be 3.8!) which can be got for around 25 quid.

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2010, 10:56:13 »

Your atomisation theory is floored.

The pressure will be matched to the ideal for the injector nozzle and as we all know, if you up the pressue on a nozzle you get a diferent spray aptterna adn this might actualy reduce atomisation.

The best method to create atomisation is to squirt the fuel onto the back of a hot inlet valve.....which is what already happens.

Anyway, the standard fuel pressure is 3Bar and Vx do actualy sell a 3.7bar (I think , might be 3.8!) which can be got for around 25 quid.

Noted. Thanks mate. It may still be worth a try. I'll try to install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and play around with the pressure settings. I'll benchmark it at 3 bar then see the gains in increments of 0.1 bar and put a cap at 4 bar.  :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2010, 11:29:41 »

Beware with trying to 'map' gains.

Any short term over fueling that might occur due to the increased pressure will soon me trimmed out by the ECU as the long term values are re-learn't

Zhing1

• Manila, Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2010, 11:42:44 »

Beware with trying to 'map' gains.

Any short term over fueling that might occur due to the increased pressure will soon me trimmed out by the ECU as the long term values are re-learn't

Now your scaring me. what if after every increment increase and at the end of my experiment, I revert back to the benchmark pressure,  :o Will things normalize?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2010, 11:44:46 »

It will take a good few miles for the ECU to reset itself to suitable parameters with every change.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.