Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Corsa, Engine Problems  (Read 20568 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Corsa, Engine Problems
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2018, 15:36:39 »

What do I leave myself wide open to, and, why have you quoted the rules for the for sale sections in your reply?

I'm not trying to sell anything  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2018, 17:07:05 »

What do I leave myself wide open to, and, why have you quoted the rules for the for sale sections in your reply?

Where have I quoted selling rules? :-\
Ahhhh....I see. Sorry, James, I have obviously copied stuff previously and, for some reason, it’s pasted itself there. Please ignore my nonsense. The thread where all of this crap was originally pasted has been deleted by one of the mods. Apologies.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2018, 17:10:43 by STEMO »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2018, 17:26:12 »

Ahhhh....I see. Sorry, James, I have obviously copied stuff previously and, for some reason, it’s pasted itself there. Please ignore my nonsense. The thread where all of this crap was originally pasted has been deleted by one of the mods. Apologies.

Good good. So what’s causing the low compression in no3  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2018, 17:32:39 »

I'm sure it must be against the forum guidelines to have such an insufficiency of cylinders. That's what he meant. :y

Given that the engine had run very poorly and no.3 did improve with the addition of oil, I wonder if it had been previously bore-washed.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2018, 17:39:20 »

I'm sure it must be against the forum guidelines to have such an insufficiency of cylinders. That's what he meant. :y

Given that the engine had run very poorly and no.3 did improve with the addition of oil, I wonder if it had been previously bore-washed.
Yes....that’s what I meant....thanks Kevin. I mean, even if you had all three running fine, it would still be three too few. ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2018, 17:40:35 »

Could I test the rings by say, filling the bore with a fluid and seeing if it disappears?

Thanks, Kevin :y

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2018, 17:42:25 »

Could I test the rings by say, filling the bore with a fluid and seeing if it disappears?

Like a leak test?

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2018, 17:43:42 »

Like a leak test?

Yeah. A leak down test is usually done with compressed air, but I just wondered if there was any value in an overnight fluid loss type test

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 January 2018, 17:43:58 »

To tell the honest truth, my new meds don't seem to be having the desired effect.  :-[

Always best to hold your hands up and be honest in these situations.  :y
« Last Edit: 23 January 2018, 17:46:25 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2018, 17:48:15 »

One of three things: Piston rings, valves or crack in the block. :y

No need to thank me  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2018, 17:48:53 »

No need to thank me, thank google  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2018, 17:52:36 »

Well it isn’t the valves. Sealed tight on no3.

Mark said rings are unlikely given the absence of oil burning

So I guess it points to....  :-X

Would such a crack be visible in the bore with the piston out?

I’m not against the idea of removing the pistons now I’ve come this far :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2018, 17:53:33 »

Yeah. A leak down test is usually done with compressed air, but I just wondered if there was any value in an overnight fluid loss type test

How about taking the camshafts out, putting the CH back on the block using the old gasket and bolts, and doing a proper leak down test? There is a big difference between 200psi+ air and fuel/oil/white spirit and gravity. Plus fuel/white spirit will end up in the sump.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2018, 17:56:24 »

Not a bad shout. Camshafts already out.

Where would I get the kit to do a leak down test? I don’t have a compressor but could buy one

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2018, 18:07:33 »

No need to thank me, thank google  ;D
I was messing with engines while you were in short pants, Albs. Then they put all kinds of electric thingies and sensors in them  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.