Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HT Lead not snapping on to the plug?  (Read 564 times)

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
HT Lead not snapping on to the plug?
« on: 07 September 2010, 01:07:40 »

after recently changing the spark plugs I noticed that one lead wouldn't snap down onto the plug? pulled the lead back of the new plug (just fitted) and tried it on an old plug... still no audible 'snap' and not holding tight. Looked inside the boot & the female contact looks fine... rounded and not damaged.

The plug pushes in to the correct depth but feels likes it's only just making contact & no resistance pulling the plug back out.

Car is running fine, so definately enough contact to fire the plug but I'm guessing with engine vibration it could only be a matter of time before it misfires.

Can't access distributor to replace the lead so wondered if there's a way I can make the connection more secure? i.e. slightly crimp the contact, put something inside it etc..

any ideas welcome  :y
« Last Edit: 07 September 2010, 01:37:39 by silvercross1 »
Previous: 1996 Omega 2.5i V6 Manual Estate. Pearlescent, Polar Sea Blue. Walnut Trim. A/C & E/S/R. ABS & TC. Heated Seats. 16" Face Lift Alloy's. 225/55 Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 Tyres. NGK BKR5EK Plugs - All Six !

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: HT Lead not snapping on to the plug?
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2010, 01:14:55 »

Have you tried doing it with the plug out the plug hole? I thought that on my Omega it snaps onto the hole in the cam cover gaskets, and bites onto that.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

24_Valve

• Intermediate Member
  • Greater London
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2010, 01:36:21 »

different setup on yours geoff. think you'll have a dis-pak above plug holes on the facelift  :-/ Did try it with plug removed..

Posted by 24_Valve Posted Today at 01:07
pulled the lead back of the new plug (just fitted) and tried it on an old plug... still no audible 'snap' and not holding tight.

definately internal snap connection for plug end.. doesn't bite onto the cam cover hole, just a bog standard rubber boot  :(

« Last Edit: 07 September 2010, 01:49:46 by silvercross1 »
Previous: 1996 Omega 2.5i V6 Manual Estate. Pearlescent, Polar Sea Blue. Walnut Trim. A/C & E/S/R. ABS & TC. Heated Seats. 16" Face Lift Alloy's. 225/55 Kuhmo Ecsta KH11 Tyres. NGK BKR5EK Plugs - All Six !

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2010, 09:06:55 »

Hardly worth messing about with. I would replace the it.

:y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.