Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: low adblue  (Read 6140 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: low adblue
« Reply #45 on: 15 May 2020, 07:43:57 »

Legitimate question, do you have to wait for the adblue message, or can you top it up randomly.  :-\

I've just added a gallon every now & then before any messages appeared.  :)

:y
Mine holds 17L of adblue but in fairness I've only covered about 3K miles in it so could be a while yet. I've got 20L on standby in my garage but I wasn't sure if it had to pop the message up to know roughly what was in there as you have no gauge.  :y

I generally have to put in 10 litres every 6-8k ish, its on 11k at the moment (and hardly increasing, it would have had another 6k by now) and replacement on order, it might not get anymore  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 May 2020, 07:44:50 »

well after being told that i have problems with an adblu pump & to fix it i would have a bill of £1500 + to get it sorted but because since the warning lights havent appeared again & the car is running as it should i was having doubts of what i was told. next monday it was meant to be getting the work done. they were going to have my car for at least two days & i would have a loan car.  because of my doubts i took my car to a guy who i know is really good & got him to check it out. good news all was ok except for a minor B.S.I issue.. so at the end of it all no pump issues & well worth the 1hrs journey down the M1 .   :y

It may be there was some crystallisation on the injector, a good run often sorts it, a re-gen even more so

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 May 2020, 10:50:00 »

Gen 1 system then, Gen 2 added level indication when they sorted the fundamental flaw( ;)) with the ultrasonic level sensor (keep doing what you are doing.......don't over fill it)  :y
:y :y :y

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 May 2020, 03:49:25 »

Yes it's a van, but similar system I would presume?

If I add less than 10 litres, the Vivaro won't register I've added anything.  Even adding 10 litres, sometimes it doesn't register.

I get a countdown of miles before 'catastrophic failure' (you wont be able to start the van again).  I've tested it.  I was working in Cornwall.  I had 2x 10ltr cans in the back just to test if it really wouldn't start.  And true enough, it didn't.

I've also been in the situation where I've added 10 litres of water, plain old tap water, and the van didn't moan whatsoever.

2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 May 2020, 14:25:22 »

Volvo V90 fortunately has a level gauge for adblue along with engine oil level. Does about 8k per 10L.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.