Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: cummings  (Read 15949 times)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: cummings
« Reply #120 on: 25 May 2020, 22:23:54 »

I see mad woman Gina Miller has tweeted this:

"Re-listened to #DominicCummings statement & a serious question for @SuellaBraverman AG & @BorisJohnson . Should Cummings be charged under Road Traffic Act 1988? I've had #COVID19 confirmed by #antibodytest & I can say it takes a long time to be fit to drive long distances."

Gina Miller, eh? So, it was all to do with Brexit.  ::) ::)

Two things,

1)  So he did actually do the right thing and take a small test-drive in a quiet location.....

2)  That advice is given to all women, covid + or not!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 26 May 2020, 00:22:35 »

Cummings is Boris gatekeeper. Although the media hate him and would love to drive him out, the real target is Boris. They know if they bring Cummings down the path to Boris will be easier. Boris also knows this, which is why Cummings will be staying in his job if at all possible.
Its gone beyond " He should go to save further problems for the Govt." If Boris fires him now after supporting him fully, they will have damaged him severely.
I will be surprised if Cummings goes.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 26 May 2020, 07:11:10 »

The difference with Verruca is that he is a poster boy for the liberal left, and the mainstream Irish media is mostly liberal left, so they aren't making a big deal of the story.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 26 May 2020, 09:36:39 »

No, as I have already implied, Boris, as any good general does, must regain the high ground, regroup, cut your losses for the greater good, and go on a fresh attack.  The media can then be wrong footed, but if he keeps this current battle going, that he cannot win, then he will lose the war.

That is not good for the country.  >:( >:( >:(

Cummings must be history now.

Strong leaders have never given in to the baying mob at the gate and neither should Boris.  ;)

If he does show weakness and give in, the media attack dogs will really scent blood and will move on to another despised Brexiteer, as this is what this is really about.  Revenge!    ::)

I can completely understand that point of view, but the interests of the country must come first and the PM should be now allowed to be able to concentrate on the urgent business of State.

WE, the people, have allowed the media to become far too powerful and now we again reap the consequences of that.  Standing up against the media is great when there is no cost in doing that, but if you see and listen to the media this morning there is a huge political cost to all this. How Cummings actions and  explanation are being perceived is critical, with a Tory MP even resigning this morning over it, so Boris and Government must now move on and, as I said before, cut their losses before the damage becomes critical ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 26 May 2020, 09:59:39 »

Is it just me that really could not give a dam?

And worse still, had I been in his position I would have done the same?

At the end of the day there has never been a lock down and we were all restricted to 'essential' journeys, its what do you define as an 'essential' journey?

This whole thing just shows what an evil and shit media we have.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 26 May 2020, 10:07:14 »

Is it just me that really could not give a dam?

And worse still, had I been in his position I would have done the same?

At the end of the day there has never been a lock down and we were all restricted to 'essential' journeys, its what do you define as an 'essential' journey?

This whole thing just shows what an evil and shit media we have.

Thats the last 9 pages summed up very well Mark :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 26 May 2020, 10:08:53 »

The news is still full of it so we are giving the news a miss for 48 hours at least , we've both had enough of it the press & some of the public seem to have forgotten what is actually going on in the world , so wifey & I are just going to enjoy our time together , might even go for a long drive & sit by a river ! 😃😄😀
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 26 May 2020, 10:35:55 »

The news is still full of it so we are giving the news a miss for 48 hours at least , we've both had enough of it the press & some of the public seem to have forgotten what is actually going on in the world , so wifey & I are just going to enjoy our time together , might even go for a long drive & sit by a river ! 😃😄😀
                  Yes we are getting very little on ‘other news’ I’m fed up of the same crap day after day too with each channel/newspaper trying to outdo each other with another take/what if etc, I will limit my news intake too :y
Laying a rubber road.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 26 May 2020, 10:41:43 »

Interesting comparison, that the lefties press have forgotten about.
 https://twitter.com/Steven_Woolfe/status/1264920955593396224?s=09
Hoof'land storeman.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 26 May 2020, 10:47:56 »

Anyway I see dommys jaunt a part of him enabling himself to work from home as let’s be fair he is still working. (In a way) ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 26 May 2020, 11:16:45 »

Interesting comparison, that the lefties press have forgotten about.
 https://twitter.com/Steven_Woolfe/status/1264920955593396224?s=09

Yep on Sunday Starmer stood outside his gate and told the world that he would have sacked Cummings, yet he has taken no action against these Labour MP's....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 26 May 2020, 13:39:35 »

The fact that the odious Gina Miller has waded in demonstrates that it is a revenge witch hunt for his part in bring about Brexit.
Having said that, I heard this morning that Cummings drive to Barnard Castle  to test drive his eyes, just happened to take place on his wifes birthday. If true, it makes the charge of "taking everyone for mugs" pretty difficult to deny.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 26 May 2020, 15:23:41 »

The fact that the odious Gina Miller has waded in demonstrates that it is a revenge witch hunt for his part in bring about Brexit.
Having said that, I heard this morning that Cummings drive to Barnard Castle to test drive his eyes, just happened to take place on his wifes birthday. If true, it makes the charge of "taking everyone for mugs" pretty difficult to deny.

Nobody takes a 60 mile round trip to see if their eyes are good enough for driving. ::)

Can't his wife drive?

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 26 May 2020, 15:35:37 »

Having said that, I heard this morning that Cummings drive to Barnard Castle to test drive his eyes, just happened to take place on his wifes birthday. If true, it makes the charge of "taking everyone for mugs" pretty difficult to deny.

Nobody takes a 60 mile round trip to see if their eyes are good enough for driving. ::)

Can't his wife drive?

Apparently she can indeed
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.