Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newent Meet 2009  (Read 61959 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Newent Meet 2009
« Reply #420 on: 17 September 2009, 19:10:39 »

I think for a change next year we should arrange a trip out with all the omega's for a few hours and have a convoy, maybe invade a venue in Wales, avoiding the single track roads ::)

i dont think i will follow you mike, you have a tendancy in getting lost if i remember right.`newent` :D

I'm planning on signposting the campsite from Newent traffic lights for next year's bash.
i'm planning on putting the right address in the satnav, though guess i'll still get it wrong ;D
Grumpy old man

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 18 September 2009, 00:55:58 »

that was the problem jamie you left your sat nav [mrs tbh] at home.dont forget to bring her along with you next year?.i hope her pussy is a lot better ! :D :y

3.2 manual

• nr yeovil, somerset
  • the great thread ender! whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 18 September 2009, 04:34:23 »

sorry tb, right here goes, the problem with finding the site is, one of the roads doesnt exist, i drive round lanes for a living, have a very detailed map of the area(which i forgot) and drove up and down 3 times to find it after i found the propper way in. it might be an old road thats now a gateway! i didnt use the satnav, and was looking for a road that never came. when i got to the lights, i thought bugger it, ill go down this lane now.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2009, 04:41:39 by lovelectricity »
oh bugger, i thought that was a bit of wind!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 18 September 2009, 09:29:01 »

that was the problem jamie you left your sat nav [mrs tbh] at home.dont forget to bring her along with you next year?.i hope her pussy is a lot better ! :D :y
Mrs TB would make more of a mess of navigating that the daft satnav.  In fact, her hopeless map reading is the reason we bought satnavs for all the cars 6 or 7 years ago, in an effort to reduce the in car arguments, and the 'frosty' journeys ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 18 September 2009, 09:30:33 »

sorry tb, right here goes, the problem with finding the site is, one of the roads doesnt exist, i drive round lanes for a living, have a very detailed map of the area(which i forgot) and drove up and down 3 times to find it after i found the propper way in. it might be an old road thats now a gateway! i didnt use the satnav, and was looking for a road that never came. when i got to the lights, i thought bugger it, ill go down this lane now.
Tewksbury Rd, Newent. Is on all my maps and satnavs  :-/

Shame I keep entering Ford Lane (campsite is on Ford Farm Lane), which is about 4 miles away ;D
Grumpy old man

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 21 September 2009, 19:58:32 »

Shouldn't be any problems next year, I'm planning to sign it from the traffic lights in Newent.

SatNav users should input GL18 1LQ - the site's postcode.
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 21 September 2009, 20:18:43 »

Shouldn't be any problems next year, I'm planning to sign it from the traffic lights in Newent.

My satnav don't do postcodes :D
Grumpy old man

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 21 September 2009, 21:52:33 »

'Plan B' it is then - simply follow my signage dear chap!
Full details should appear in due course .......
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 21 September 2009, 22:03:17 »

'Plan B' it is then - simply follow my signage dear chap!
Full details should appear in due course .......
I used to work for British Telecom and with no maps.  I can find anywhere - at worse revert to the ever decreasing circles method ;D
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 12 December 2009, 18:15:50 »

Just had an e-mail from Sethsmate asking me to stick these up as he doesn't have the technology  :)

so here goes ..

Sunday morning at Newent.
(L-R): Sethsmate's tractor; Sir Drink-a-lot's MV6; Robsey's two MV6s; Dad1uk's 2.0 saloon; Entwood's 3.2 saloon.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 12 December 2009, 18:32:07 »

Cheers for that Sir Entwood!
The top photo additionally features PJ Morgan's motor at the extreme left, alongside my tractor.

NEWENT 2010:
I'm planning on signing the campsite from Newent traffic lights, so that no search-parties will be needed again!
Full details will appear in due course .......
« Last Edit: 12 December 2009, 18:41:23 by Reliance505 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.