Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie problems  (Read 1720 times)

zywiec

• Cambridge
    • View Profile
Re: newbie problems
« Reply #15 on: 11 January 2007, 22:09:00 »

Hi just got a 2000 2.5 v6 omega cdx

got a few probs i hope you can help me out with, im not to bad with a spanner so hoping for home fixes.

1. passenger window and wing mirror dosnt work/adjust (hoping its just a fuse but havnt had i chance to check them yet will do soon as its light in morning)

2. windscreen washer dosnt work the motor is working and the headlight jets work fine so hoping theres a blockage somewhere.

3. crusie control isnt turning on (i have no idea where to start on this)

4. drivers heated seat dosent work but passenger one is fine if its the heating element on the seat how much am i looking at?

thanks for taking the time to read any imput would be greatly appreciated.

greg
1) Switch can be a prob, check switch with meter
2) Blocked gauze, check link Bo Bo sent
3) As this car is new to you, check you have actuator and cable under bonnet. Check stalk is correct on. Check correct brake and clutch switch fitted
4) If its leather, can be a PITA. Cloth apparently easier. Before doing, check wiring to seat, but be careful with side airbags and seltbelt pretensioner!!

Got the crusie control sorted had a clsoer look at the actuator cable this morning and the 'ribbon' going in to it was snapped, so got another of a preface lift from the local scrappys for a tenner and now is working fine :y

the electric window is really confusing me the switches seem ok checked the passenger that was fine but tomuch going on in the drivers to see really where to check. on sat im going to take of the door card and check the motor and conectionshopefully this will sort.

Also going to look at the heated seat on saturday, anyone got anyideas where to start looking.

thanks for all the help so far hopefully one day ill be in a position to pass on my wisdom.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 January 2007, 22:13:07 »

got a few probs i hope you can help me out with, im not to bad with a spanner so hoping for home fixes.

1. passenger window and wing mirror dosnt work/adjust (hoping its just a fuse but havnt had i chance to check them yet will do soon as its light in morning)
2. windscreen washer dosnt work the motor is working and the headlight jets work fine so hoping theres a blockage somewhere.

4. drivers heated seat dosent work but passenger one is fine if its the heating element on the seat how much am i looking at?

greg
3) As this car is new to you, check you have actuator and cable under bonnet. Check stalk is correct on. Check correct brake and clutch switch fitted
4) If its leather, can be a PITA. Cloth apparently easier. Before doing, check wiring to seat, but be careful with side airbags and seltbelt pretensioner!!

Got the crusie control sorted had a clsoer look at the actuator cable this morning and the 'ribbon' going in to it was snapped, so got another of a preface lift from the local scrappys for a tenner and now is working fine :y

the electric window is really confusing me the switches seem ok checked the passenger that was fine but tomuch going on in the drivers to see really where to check. on sat im going to take of the door card and check the motor and conectionshopefully this will sort.

Also going to look at the heated seat on saturday, anyone got anyideas where to start looking.

thanks for all the help so far hopefully one day ill be in a position to pass on my wisdom.

It's the big thing underneath the steering wheel   ;) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 11 January 2007, 22:14:10 by Chopsdad »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

zywiec

• Cambridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 January 2007, 23:23:16 »

greg

It's the big thing underneath the steering wheel   ;) ;D ;D

yeah thanks for that  ;D

could always carry some matches and set fire to the seat when ever im feeling a bit girly and cold. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.