Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!  (Read 6970 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!
« on: 26 January 2015, 19:19:36 »

As above.  I was rummaging about in the boot for something, put my keys down, then one of the neighbours came out, started yapping to me and I absentmindedly closed the boot while I was talking to him.  I only realised what I'd done when I got back in!  ::)  Of course the car itself is locked and probably dead locked too.  :'( :'( :'(

The neighbour and I spent a couple of hours trying to get in with various implements with no joy, and then I called out the breakdown service and he had ago with more professional looking implements with no joy either!  ::)  My spare key is in Dorset and I'm in Wales! Bollix!!!  >:(

Before he buggered off and left me to it, the breakdown guy suggested 3 options.

1) Get spare key posted from Dorset.

2) Get a locksmith.

3) Smash rear quarter light, but as we think it's deadlocked he wasn't sure that I could pull up the button, so erred caution on that. 

The other thing is that the keys are in the boot and I've a bloody big gas tank in the way if I manage to get into the car, so there's no guarantee that I can get to the keys.  :-\  We managed to press the boot button with a long steel rod with no joy and I'm not sure that it will open on the button if I break in either?  :-\

Although it's a complete PITA I'll probably get the keys posted, as I'll have them on Weds.  I'll have to do a lot of walking tomorrow.  ::)

This is a very pissed off pedestrian Sir Tigger, reporting from the Rhondda Valleys.  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2015, 19:29:46 »

Sure I have seen somewhere on here how to get in if you lock the keys in, mate :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2015, 19:36:29 »

Zirk knows a way into the boot. He's on at the moment.  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2015, 19:41:14 »

Who ever came out to the car is a numpty... get a proper breakdown person out :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2015, 19:45:59 »

Zirk knows a way into the boot. He's on at the moment.  :y
Yep, Give me 5 and I'll PM details accross, going to find an old PM save me re typing all again.

Chris.  ;)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2015, 20:00:04 »

Ok, PM sent, good luck.  ;)

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2015, 21:03:59 »

Well are you in yet,hope so Dean.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2015, 21:50:13 »

No, it'll have to wait until tomorrow as it's parked about 5 miles or so away from where I'm staying.  ::)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2015, 22:25:10 »

As above.  I was rummaging about in the boot for something, put my keys down, then one of the neighbours came out, started yapping to me and I absentmindedly closed the boot while I was talking to him.  I only realised what I'd done when I got back in!  ::)  Of course the car itself is locked and probably dead locked too.  :'( :'( :'(

The neighbour and I spent a couple of hours trying to get in with various implements with no joy, and then I called out the breakdown service and he had ago with more professional looking implements with no joy either!  ::)  My spare key is in Dorset and I'm in Wales! Bollix!!!  >:(

Before he buggered off and left me to it, the breakdown guy suggested 3 options.

1) Get spare key posted from Dorset.

2) Get a locksmith.

3) Smash rear quarter light, but as we think it's deadlocked he wasn't sure that I could pull up the button, so erred caution on that. 

The other thing is that the keys are in the boot and I've a bloody big gas tank in the way if I manage to get into the car, so there's no guarantee that I can get to the keys.  :-\  We managed to press the boot button with a long steel rod with no joy and I'm not sure that it will open on the button if I break in either?  :-\

Although it's a complete PITA I'll probably get the keys posted, as I'll have them on Weds.  I'll have to do a lot of walking tomorrow.  ::)

This is a very pissed off pedestrian Sir Tigger, reporting from the Rhondda Valleys.  ::)

I did exactly that when in Yorkshire, with both keys in the car!

RAC man got it open in 20 mins  :y

I think it only worked as one of the keys was in a position where he could press the unlock button. Can you get to your key with a long rod?
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2015, 23:25:33 »

Can you get to your key with a long rod?

No, it's in the boot!  :(  We did manage to press the boot button with a long rod, but it didn't open.  :'(

PLANETNZ

• Christchurch New Zealand
    • 2000 CD 2.5 x25xe 80000km
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2015, 01:07:12 »

You can force down one of the rear windows. it breaks the window regulator plastics but at least its minimum damage, then you can wedge up the window until its fixed and the repair kits are pretty cheap

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2015, 01:17:14 »

The problem with that is the same as if I break a window, as it's deadlocked can I lift the button to open the door?  :-\

And then I can't get into the boot to get the keys as there's a LPG tank in the way....  :D

PLANETNZ

• Christchurch New Zealand
    • 2000 CD 2.5 x25xe 80000km
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2015, 04:22:54 »

Ah LPG tank! well if your in I can see you have at least 2 choices. 1) hopefully have enough space over or around the tank to hook the keys somehow. I have one of those remote cameras on a long wand that i would first try and use (if it was me!), or maybe a magnetic pickup or something 2) You will find it here somewhere, you can remove the drivers kick panel and you cut one of the wires located under there. This lets you use the boot push button while the car is off, would be a pain in the a to do with the door closed but should in theory work.
I feel your pain, ive done it!

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2015, 06:48:31 »

I seem to recall your gas tank isn't massive, should be enough room above it to get to the boot pull?

I once locked myself out of an omega in this exact way, but not deadlocked.

I won't mention the method I used for obvious reasons, but, Had to laugh, police car came by, bearing in mind we'd had a spate of car breaks in our road, just as I'm prising the window away with a massive screwdriver, I've never seen two bobbies get out of a car and grab someone so quickly ;D

We laughed afterwards though, because

A - I'd anticipated folk may think I was a thief and call it in, so I informed police via non emergency what I was about to start doing

B - one of the bobbies is a mate of mine but didn't recognise me with the adrenaline

;D

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2015, 08:24:34 »

I locked myself out of estate once  ( keys in ignition) whilst changing coil pack.

30 seconds to get into car by taking rear quarter light out in one piece, then climbing in thru it, however on attempting to refit the glass - nearly in then it broke - Perspex for a few weeks until replacement arrived from the Fatherland.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.