Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!  (Read 6985 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare! I've gone and locked my keys in the car!!
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2015, 09:19:07 »

I'm sure I read of someone pressing the spare key close to a phone with the other phone held near the locked car.... or did I make that up? :-\ :-\ :-\

PS I suppose I could carry out an empirical test, as if it worked it might be useful.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2015, 09:29:41 »

Yes mate....there was a thread about it a while ago. I cannot remember whether it was decided it was a load of tosh or not ???
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2015, 09:38:52 »

I've seen a demo of that, but whether it was faked or not I don't know.  :-\ 

My spare will be on it's way to me today Special Delivery, so I should be able to get in tomorrow without causing any further damage and while it's a PITA I can live without the car today!  :y

The worry is that there were a few people around yesterday when we were trying to get in, so there's probably a few scallys who know there's a car with the keys in it.......  :-\   However, I know the guy whose house it's parked outside, so he's keeping an eye on it for me.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2015, 09:58:40 »

Assuming they haven't read James' post... rather idiot >:(

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 27 January 2015, 11:07:07 »

Planet NZs suggestion only works if the window is manual and the handle is not in the fully closed position, other wise you stand a fair chance of shattering the window, in which case you might as well do that any way...

The only word missing from James' post was Quarterlight :-X

ps I'll let someone else flag this incase I give the impression of being inflammatory...

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2015, 18:49:11 »

Assuming they haven't read James' post... rather idiot >:(

All I said was that I was "prising a window away". Nothing more. This alone isn't really closely kept information on how to break into a car is it? Anyone even the least technical of people, would know that to break into a car you might try prising one of the entry routes eg a door or window. I really, really can't see how me stating the obvious is going to put anyone's car security at risk!

I think if anyone was of the mindset to break into a car, they'd know this already.

And for info, A) it wasn't the quarter panel and B) I didn't say if it actually worked or not??

Why have you had a dig at me, and not had a poke at the folk who have mentioned other methods, such as the quarter panel?

I don't appreciate being called an "idiot". Although direct speaking you've always come across as quite amicable, this surprises me from you.

The only word missing from James' post was Quarterlight :-X

I love the way you call me an idiot for the post, and then go on say what "the only thing missing" from the post to break into the car is?

Pot kettle black??!!

If you have a point to make, absolutely no problem with it at all, happy to discuss and re consider anything I have written, it is purely and simply the word "idiot" I take exception to.
« Last Edit: 27 January 2015, 19:02:23 by JamesV6CDX »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 January 2015, 18:58:32 »

For christs sake don't go hitting the delete button!  ::)  Not on my thread anyway!!  ;)  ;D

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2015, 19:33:52 »

There is no quarter light on a Vauxhall omega saloon.. There is two rear door vents.

There is two quarter lights on a vauxhall omega estate and there is also two rear door vents.  :y

Oh and four door drops on each  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 27 January 2015, 20:20:05 »

The only thing missing from this thread is how to bypass the ignition/immobiliser...
James' post was the first I read, I then reported it in disbelief.

My second post was meant to clarify my issue with the post generally.

And I didn't type rather either.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 January 2015, 20:24:41 »

The only thing missing from this thread is how to bypass the ignition/immobiliser...
James' post was the first I read, I then reported it in disbelief.

My second post was meant to clarify my issue with the post generally.

But all I said, Al, was that I was prising a window on my car?

I really don't see how that is putting anyone in jeopardy at all.

Have a quick google search for how to get into a car, and note the masses of in depth readily available information. It makes my little comment about the time I was prying a window 100 percent insignificant? :y

My post was light hearted, I have offered no information on how to get into a car.

« Last Edit: 27 January 2015, 20:29:41 by JamesV6CDX »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 January 2015, 21:32:18 »

Indeed, you typed something far more insulting, which meant either an automated or a manual process had to change your post, due to it not complying with guidelines and being disrespectful to another member.

Which, the nature of this thread aside, is a classic example of the unacceptable behaviour which results in long established members such as myself feel completely unwelcome at the forum meets......

If you disagree with something, raise it by all means, but the personal insults are totally out of order. As per the forum guidelines.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 January 2015, 21:43:48 »

Indeed, you typed something far more insulting, which meant either an automated or a manual process had to change your post, due to it not complying with guidelines and being disrespectful to another member.

Which, the nature of this thread aside, is a classic example of the unacceptable behaviour which results in long established members such as myself feeling completely unwelcome at the forum meets.....

If you disagree with something, raise it by all means, but the personal insults are totally out of order. As per the forum guidelines.

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2015, 00:39:55 »

To answer your post I say this...

As a person of your position, you should know better. Having met you, briefly once, I would have expected a bit more discretion.

Yours was the first post I took exception to, and given your position, was disappointed by it enough to report the thread over 14 hours ago.

The two posts which follow your first are equally misguided, but having met neither person, I did not, and will not judge them for it...

My report might not have been particularly well phrased, but the sentiment should have been clear, and the fact that this thread made 11am suprises me...

My comments were a reaction to both the implied course of action and the position from which it was made, and had enraged me enough to stop reading, and report the thread. If you wish to take that personally, then that is your prerogative. If this thread gets deleted as a result of that, then that is an acceptable outcome.

I'll not address your other concerns, as I consider them to be irrelevant to this discussion.

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2015, 00:42:51 »

For public record, I have reported my previous post.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2015, 00:47:17 »

Admins can you lock this thread please.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.