Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: whats the difference between an elite and a cdx  (Read 4729 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: whats the difference between an elite and a cdx
« Reply #45 on: 30 April 2008, 23:52:02 »

My MV6 has

Self leveling sus and all the toys off the elite except rear blind

EX BT Senior Managers car even hass all the options except Rear blind

And its a Manual 3.0 i am told these are very rare???

i did also retrofit bose into it as it originally had a CCR600

I'm a little confused here; I thought that MV6 cars had stiffer and slightly lower springs, but this one has self-levelling too.

I was told, in overtly strong and no uncertain terms, not to try putting MV6 springs onto my self levelling Elite. :-/

I wonder if the MV6 just gets Elite spec. suspension if self levelling is specified?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 April 2008, 23:58:14 »

My MV6 has

I'm a little confused here; I thought that MV6 cars had stiffer and slightly lower springs, but this one has self-levelling too.

I was told, in overtly strong and no uncertain terms, not to try putting MV6 springs onto my self levelling Elite. :-/

I wonder if the MV6 just gets Elite spec. suspension if self levelling is specified?

Kevin

I'd like to know the real, and definitive truth here. I had conflicting advice on this from another source too: Tony at WIM said doing this with MV6 springs would be fine, but there you go ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 May 2008, 00:02:11 »

My MV6 has

Kevin

I'd like to know the real, and definitive truth here. I had conflicting advice on this from another source too: Tony at WIM said doing this with MV6 springs would be fine, but there you go ::)

I would have thought the MV6 shocks are firmer though. You'd need to adjust the "aiming point" of the self levelling so it's not constantly trying to pump it up to elite ride height too. Might just be a case of adjusting the sensors, maybe not...

I guess you'd need to comparte part numbers between the models and see what is different, and if any self levelling parts are specified for MV6 models.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 May 2008, 00:08:16 »

I would have thought the MV6 shocks are firmer though. You'd need to adjust the "aiming point" of the self levelling so it's not constantly trying to pump it up to elite ride height too. Might just be a case of adjusting the sensors, maybe not...

I guess you'd need to compare the part numbers between the models and see what is different, and if any self levelling parts are specified for MV6 models.

Kevin

Any ideas on where to start looking for the part numbers between the two cars?

I read on a site that the MV6 is 15mm lower too, but I want to find that out for sure too.

I had factored in the adjsutment to the self levelling sensor, but if it turns out that the shocks on a self-levellign MV6 are different then I would't mind replacing the lot.

My problem is finding someone who KNOWS the differences and I'll do it properly. There are lots of people with opinions, most of whom disagree or, at least, conflict.

I could go for an aftermarket sports suspension kit, but they all seem to lower the car by a minimum of 30mm which is too much.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2008, 00:15:22 by Albatross »

MV6Man

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 May 2008, 10:02:20 »

EPC is a great for comparing different parts...

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 03 May 2008, 07:18:43 »

Do any members have access to a legitimate EPC for the omega range that they could look the difference in the springs and shocks and respective part numbers up on?
« Last Edit: 04 May 2008, 13:17:54 by Albatross »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03 May 2008, 10:15:50 »

Do any members have an EPC for the omega range that they could look the difference in the springs and shocks and respective part numbers up on?
wont tell you the difference is spec, hence why I haven't already.  remember, epc is a simple tool for dealers to get like for (factory fitted) like ;)
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.