Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto gearbox limp mode, not bc the selector switch  (Read 6454 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Auto gearbox limp mode, not bc the selector switch
« Reply #45 on: 30 December 2010, 15:55:46 »

Does anybody have any tip on what to check for? I feel a bit desperate right now, I spent so many hours upgrading the car and now this happens.

Thank you for reading and I'm very thankful for every tip!

Silly question here you might think, but have you actually checked the Automatic Transmission fluid level? And if so how?  :y :y

Oh, and by the way, the gearbox oil and filter has been changed and the level seems fine.

He says so. :y

PxMetro

• Stamford
  • Maryland Cookies are brilliant for dunking
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 30 December 2010, 16:00:42 »

Does anybody have any tip on what to check for? I feel a bit desperate right now, I spent so many hours upgrading the car and now this happens.

Silly question here you might think, but have you actually checked the Automatic Transmission fluid level? And if so how?  :y :y

Oh, and by the way, the gearbox oil and filter has been changed and the level seems fine.

Okay, just thought I'd ask. Takes a bit of sifting through the thread now its 4 pages long. Still interested to see if the level was checked in the prescribed manner  :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 30 December 2010, 17:06:57 »

Okay, just thought I'd ask. Takes a bit of sifting through the thread now its 4 pages long. Still interested to see if the level was checked in the prescribed manner  :y :y

I'd asked the same earlier - until I re-read all the posts, but I agree that it is the first thing to check. :y

Remo

• Oslo, Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 30 December 2010, 22:54:03 »

Interesting development!

Today I used a towing wagon (not sure if this is what it's called in English, but it's what one uses to move furniture ect.)

After I connect the electrical connector to the towing wagon, the "ABS" warning light appeared. When I drove around with the wagon, the light both come on and went off.

Is this either:
- Because the wagon doesn't have ABS-brakes and the car recognizes that? (the wagon does have normal brakes)
or:
- Because there's actually a problem with the abs-sensors that may potentially also cause the gearbox problem?

It is very icey and slippery outside and the ABS-brakes all seemed to work as they should.

I seem to remember to have read some threads about abs-sensors causing gearbox problems?

Tried to to a diagnosis but there's ones any fault codes. My laptop battery died in the cold weather before I could read the "chassis" fault codes. Not sure which category the ABS-sensors goes under.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2010, 23:03:10 by Remo »

Remo

• Oslo, Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 06 January 2011, 22:34:04 »

Problem solved! Finally!

The gearbox ECU arrived from Germany yesterday and this evening I replaced the old with this new (used) ECU. Went out for a drive and the gearbox works as smoothly as ever!

Even sport and winter mode is back to normal.
I can't tell how happy I am to finally figure this out.

THANKS to all of you for your help and kind suggestions. This is a great forum. Also, hopefully other with similar problem can benefit from this thread.

Just fitted my newly arrived Irmscher grill (slightly customized by me). This was a VX-grill so I removed the chrome V and just kept the black mesh and then fitted a "2010"-look VX-griffin badge, even tough I have an Opel ;D

People will probably wonder what kind of car I'm driving, not many Vauxhall's in Norway

Kneepad

• Omega Knight
  • West Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 06 January 2011, 23:54:21 »

Great news Remo. I'm glad it worked for you even though an expensive repair. Well done indeed.  :y :y

Remo

• Oslo, Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 January 2011, 08:48:51 »

Great news Remo. I'm glad it worked for you even though an expensive repair. Well done indeed.  :y :y

Thanks a lot! There's nothing like fixing something that previously seemed impossible to figure out. Now I just need to get the car chipped, alltough it seems difficult with my excisting chip. (Been in contact with our chip guy here)

Actually, this gearbox repair costed me about £55 in total since I did the job myself and bought used ECU from Germany.

If I would have left the car with the dealer here in Norway, the job would have costed about £1500 ;D ;D (loosely quote from a guy at the dealer when I spoke to him about replacing ECU)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.