Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Gurus please  (Read 7595 times)

albitz

Re: LPG Gurus please
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2011, 18:54:35 »

Funnily enough, LD plugged into mine today and it was also cylinder 6. Im almost certain I have crimped the pipe to the injector during reassembly yesterday.
He turned the injector off so number 6 runs on petrol, but as I drove away it started running rough again and has continueed to do so - has the injector switched itself back on ?? :-/ ::)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2011, 19:05:36 »

Aren't Cyl 6 and 3 run off the same coil in the DIS pack?

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2011, 20:32:13 »

Funnily enough, LD plugged into mine today and it was also cylinder 6. Im almost certain I have crimped the pipe to the injector during reassembly yesterday.
He turned the injector off so number 6 runs on petrol, but as I drove away it started running rough again and has continueed to do so - has the injector switched itself back on ?? :-/ ::)

Could have done... Perhaps you can only disable a cylinder when the lappy is plugged in :-/ :-/
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2011, 20:40:34 »

Could have done... Perhaps you can only disable a cylinder when the lappy is plugged in :-/ :-/

Can you not just unplug injector six to see if that cures it for now, until you find the source of the problem or will the system throw up a fault and not run on gas?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2011, 21:07:47 »

Can you not just unplug injector six to see if that cures it for now, until you find the source of the problem or will the system throw up a fault and not run on gas?

Yep ;)

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2011, 21:59:11 »

I may have made some progress... i've been stripping the injectors down and the o-ring seals appear to be goosed, with cylinder 6 looking fairly bad! So I need to get hold of some replacement o-rings and go from there. I may get the repair kits on fleabay.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2011, 22:01:13 »

I may have made some progress... i've been stripping the injectors down and the o-ring seals appear to be goosed, with cylinder 6 looking fairly bad! So I need to get hold of some replacement o-rings and go from there. I may get the repair kits on fleabay.

Just out of interest... What make are the injectors?

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2011, 22:17:42 »

I think they're valtek but it doesn't say anywhere. I've got them fully apart and the o-rings on the end of the plungers are knackered, there is carbon build up on the plungers so they are suffering from gas blow-by. There are 2 other o-rings on each injector that could also do with replacing.

I'm going to rebuild them all with the repair kits and I think i'll see a big improvement. Fingers crossed it'll solve the rough running, but we shall see!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2011, 22:20:32 »

I think they're valtek but it doesn't say anywhere. I've got them fully apart and the o-rings on the end of the plungers are knackered, there is carbon build up on the plungers so they are suffering from gas blow-by. There are 2 other o-rings on each injector that could also do with replacing.

I'm going to rebuild them all with the repair kits and I think i'll see a big improvement. Fingers crossed it'll solve the rough running, but we shall see!

That's a surprise... The Valtek ones are normally pretty reliable :-/ :-/ Mine have done over 50k and fine ;)

I was expecting you to say Magic Jet as they tend to suffer if "dirty" gas is introduced ::)

Keep us informed :y

Shallow Al

• Lymington, Hampshire.
    • 3.0 Litre Elite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2011, 22:38:49 »

Mine started idling really rough about a week ago on LPG and was perfect on petrol. To cut a long story short, I eventually pulled the injectors apart and found one of the O rings had broken up and was floating about inside the injector body. The O ring looked to me to be a sort of bump stop and does not form the seal for the gas, I may be wrong! So I cleaned the others up and put them back together.
 The lumpy idle has improved dramatically, but I have a loud tick from the one that failed.
 OK for now and have ordered a new Valtek injector rail.
 Very similar to your problem it seems to me.
I used to know everything. Then I got married.

albitz

« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2011, 22:40:27 »

Could have done... Perhaps you can only disable a cylinder when the lappy is plugged in :-/ :-/[/quote]

That was the conclusion I reached while driving down to chavtown. Seemed the only logical conclusion.

Still, were fairly certain what the problem is, so it should be just a matter of me taking the plenum/fanimold off and sorting it. :y
Thanks for that btw, I could have been fiddling about forever trying to locate the issue. :y
« Last Edit: 24 May 2011, 22:42:31 by albitz »

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 May 2011, 12:11:42 »

Mine started idling really rough about a week ago on LPG and was perfect on petrol. To cut a long story short, I eventually pulled the injectors apart and found one of the O rings had broken up and was floating about inside the injector body. The O ring looked to me to be a sort of bump stop and does not form the seal for the gas, I may be wrong! So I cleaned the others up and put them back together.
 The lumpy idle has improved dramatically, but I have a loud tick from the one that failed.
 OK for now and have ordered a new Valtek injector rail.
 Very similar to your problem it seems to me.
It certainly sounds like it, although further investigation has shown that my injectors may be "Apache"  :-? as seen here second one down;

http://keshzen.com/lpg_cng_injector.aspx

and here;

http://www.ec21.com/product-details/LPG-CNG-Rail-Injector--3432962.html

I've been trying to find replacement Nitrile o-ring seals today but haven't had any luck so far. I think you're right about 1 of the o-rings acting as a bump stop, which is why mine are also quite loud as when the injector opens the 2 metal surfaces meet (as those o-rings have had it). There are then 2 more o-rings, 1 as the main seal and 1 as a backup, it's the main sealing o-rings that have crumbled.

Looking at the repair kits on ebay, the components look the same as mine so are mine Apache or Valtek? Maybe they're one and the same thing  :question

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2011, 12:18:01 »

Valtek type 30's are the injectors most of us are running.

http://www.valtek.it/Prodotti/Rail-iniezione/Tipo-30-Rail-iniezione-Gpl-Metano.aspx?lang=en-US

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2011, 12:27:17 »

When i've been looking through the forum I thought my injectors looked different to everyone else's. Maybe it's due to the age of my system? I believe it was installed in 2008.

If I bought some new Valtek type 30's, would they be a straight swap (with a recalibration)? Would the lpg ecu be happy to run them? I'm wondering if i'm wasting my time trying to bring these injectors back to life, I may be better off just replacing them.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 May 2011, 12:31:39 »

Different injectors have different coil impedances which changes how the ECU must drive them, in addition to the flow rates being different, so requiring a recalibration. You would need to set you ECU for the type of injector before connecting them, as they can be damaged if driven wrongly.

Other than that, as long as the connectors and plumbing fits, it should work.

If your current ones only need a refurb with some new seals, surely that's worth pursuing over the expense of new injectors, though?

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.