Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG Gurus please  (Read 7610 times)

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
Re: LPG Gurus please
« Reply #45 on: 05 June 2011, 18:50:30 »

Tez - the filter is too close to EGR, you may need to do something about that :y

If yours is a Stag 300 plus, update to latest firmware,, which has a automatic calbration (in addition to the idle based one) called ISA2 - enable this, along with the beeps, to get a 'usable' calibration on it. Read the ISA2 part of the PDF to understand how to do it (the ecu asks toy to drive faster/slower in order to collect the maps, and then calibrates itself (not as well as manual calibration, but good enough :y)
Thanks TB, I think mine is a standard Stag 300 kit. How would I know if it is a plus? The filter is in the same place as when I bought it, will it cause a problem being close to the (blanked off) egr?

Well i've been trying to calibrate today and i'm a bit disappointed with the results tbh. I firstly did the autocalibration and that went fine and it idles/revs up really well. I then erased the petrol map and did a good 12 mile drive to map the new one, all went well. I then erased the lpg map and have been on a 10-12 mile journey (different journey to the petrol map) and it drives ok but the performance isn't really there.

Here's a few screen shots;

On the errors tab, in the 'Warning' section I did have a warning that read something like 'Lambda value low injectors fully open'. I also noticed that the lambda values are low (and identical). Going through the rev range at WOT in first gear gave me lambda values of between 0.3 and 0.38  :(
As both of the lambda values are always identical, I think that one lambda sensor has been wired up to both on the lpg ecu. Could this be halving the actual value from the lambda as it's being split? Do I need to make sure the other lambda is wired in properly?

IMO it seems to be overfuelling.
- My instant mpg is down quite a lot on petrol
-lambda values are always v.low
- I had a warning about the injectors being fully open but still low lambda values
- I lost one of my green bars on my 10 mile journey home!

Any thoughts guys? Apart from the lack of performance though, general driving and idling are 1000 times better than before  :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 05 June 2011, 18:54:08 »

That error means it's running lean at WOT... Do not drive it like that or you risk damage :o

[edit]Assuming it's wired correctly ;)[/edit]
« Last Edit: 05 June 2011, 18:56:21 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 05 June 2011, 19:17:36 »

If the injectors are fully open surely it'd be running rich?

It's not fuelling correctly either way, so I guess I need to check the lambda wiring? I don't know what else I can do anyway  :(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 05 June 2011, 19:24:01 »

Have you drilled out the nozzles on the type 30 injectors? If not, they won't be large enough to deliver enough fuel.

Looking at your screen shots, LPG injectors are at 4.6ms at idle, with 1.2 bar vapour pressure, which suggests the nozzles are too small.

I would drill them out to 2.8 or 3mm and repeat the autocalibration.

Also, note that after collecting the "curves" on LPG and petrol, you need to manually tweak the map (orange line) to bring them together over the whole range of engine load. Just collecting the curves does not in itself change the map.

Do your lambda signals toggle up and down between say 0.2 and 0.8 V at idle and under light load?  If so, they are working OK, but you must ensure that the signals are high under full throttle acceleration on LPG.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 05 June 2011, 20:28:29 »

Yes i've drilled the nozzles out to 3.0mm. I've tried to tweak the orange line but it wont let me and I don't know what i'm doing wrong... if I select a yellow dot I can move it up using my arrow key but the rather down arrow key on my laptop is broken  >:(

I seem to have found a/the problem anyway - the lambda sensor wiring. I found the violet/grey wire on the lpg loom and it wasn't connected into the engine ecu, i've now connected this and under WOT it goes up to around 0.85 - 0.9v.
The other bank of cylinders is still down at 0.3 though and I don't believe it's wired in at all. I just need to track it down now (violet wire on lpg loom) and wire it into pin 28 brown/blue - as so helpfully detailed in one of your guides  :y

Would this explain my long injection durations?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05 June 2011, 20:51:40 »

Yes i've drilled the nozzles out to 3.0mm. I've tried to tweak the orange line but it wont let me and I don't know what i'm doing wrong... if I select a yellow dot I can move it up using my arrow key but the rather down arrow key on my laptop is broken  >:(

I seem to have found a/the problem anyway - the lambda sensor wiring. I found the violet/grey wire on the lpg loom and it wasn't connected into the engine ecu, i've now connected this and under WOT it goes up to around 0.85 - 0.9v.
The other bank of cylinders is still down at 0.3 though and I don't believe it's wired in at all. I just need to track it down now (violet wire on lpg loom) and wire it into pin 28 brown/blue - as so helpfully detailed in one of your guides  :y

Would this explain my long injection durations?

Well... They don't (in theory) need connecting but without connecting them you'll never know if things are running lean at WOT ;) ;)

Once they're connected up, re run the Auto Calibration and see what happens. You do really need to be able to use both the up and down keys on the laptop to get it set up right though ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 06 June 2011, 07:35:06 »

OK, lambda's now connected and i'm getting some more sensible readings. Here's my attempt from this morning;

You're right LD, I definately will need a down arrow  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.