Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all In trouble already.  (Read 4657 times)

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Hi all In trouble already.
« Reply #30 on: 11 December 2019, 21:50:07 »

Thanks mate soon as this weather in kent gets better lol, i can really start working on the car.I am going to rent a ramp and start doing some of the work required.I need to check if the battery is ok and is being charged as almost went flat other day.Powersounder didnt go off so need to check and see if its removed.As far as the themostat it did reach temp after a long time on and the gauge worked in the car, so proper coolant flush and matrix flush and refill i think first before replacing it.I think the car was sat up outside for a good while.Then look at taking off the gear selector off the car stripping it down, clean and regrease then if not replace.The brakes feel very slow to stop it so need to check them over.I reckon it needs a new pulley kit with belt and i need to check cam belt situation as paperwork doesnt have anything.So new cam belt kit and oil plugs etc.Its on 99k so would be big service i suppose and autobox is sure to need new filter and ATF change.Other than that it seems to drive well no knocks and the selector settled in D and didnt throw up any warnings on a drive today.Brakes do feel sort of like there very slow to act.And the caddy is stuck in the Radio unit.Lol Always Knew there was work in it but for 900 quid hopefully it should run well.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 December 2019, 22:11:27 »

Powersounder didn't go off so need to check and see if its removed.

Nice easy one that. Open the bonnet, Pull out the deep rubber grommet in the scuttle on drivers side (the one with leaves in if you live by trees),  ::) stick your finger in there to see if it's on the bracket.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 December 2019, 10:19:55 »

Thanks mate soon as this weather in kent gets better lol, i can really start working on the car.I am going to rent a ramp and start doing some of the work required.I need to check if the battery is ok and is being charged as almost went flat other day.Powersounder didnt go off so need to check and see if its removed.As far as the themostat it did reach temp after a long time on and the gauge worked in the car, so proper coolant flush and matrix flush and refill i think first before replacing it.I think the car was sat up outside for a good while.Then look at taking off the gear selector off the car stripping it down, clean and regrease then if not replace.The brakes feel very slow to stop it so need to check them over.I reckon it needs a new pulley kit with belt and i need to check cam belt situation as paperwork doesnt have anything.So new cam belt kit and oil plugs etc.Its on 99k so would be big service i suppose and autobox is sure to need new filter and ATF change.Other than that it seems to drive well no knocks and the selector settled in D and didnt throw up any warnings on a drive today.Brakes do feel sort of like there very slow to act.And the caddy is stuck in the Radio unit.Lol Always Knew there was work in it but for 900 quid hopefully it should run well.

you don't need a ramp for any of that. I did my gear selector in the rain. Front discs and pads are 30minutes start to finish. Cam belt needs the timing set and the thermostat needs some of the same prep, so it makes sense to do that at the same time. I promised my car a new auxiliary belt when I first changed the cam belt; 8 years later I still hadn't bothered. The tensioner pulley should be greased when the belt is removed for other reasons and replaced if it feels rough - new ones are under £10. Battery and alternator tests can be done while you wait for your coffee to reach a drinkable temperature. I wouldn't waste time flushing a heater matrix again, but would replace it.

Where in Kent are you, as I could help with some of this.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 December 2019, 10:58:21 »

Does anyone have a gear selector unit for a 2.6 v6 sale will pay paypal.I have not looked at the unit yet as the weather is terrible and ive got no cover.Temp gauge has started working again risen up to 92 ish blew hot air for 4 mins then stopped.Pm me if anyones got one Thanks Gavin

I may have one that came off an AR25 or 35, I suspect they are the same, but someone will advise. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 December 2019, 14:53:04 »

Does anyone have a gear selector unit for a 2.6 v6 sale will pay paypal.I have not looked at the unit yet as the weather is terrible and ive got no cover.Temp gauge has started working again risen up to 92 ish blew hot air for 4 mins then stopped.Pm me if anyones got one Thanks Gavin

I may have one that came off an AR25 or 35, I suspect they are the same, but someone will advise. :-\
Identical  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

gavlar001

• kent
    • omega 2.6 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 December 2019, 21:42:46 »

Thanks Lads , Nick i am in canterbury but ive got nowhere to work on the car at the moment due to the way the road is, there is cars everywhere.I can certainly drive up to you as your in chatham after xmas.Will send pm mate. Shackeng yep mate will pm you on that as well.Shame its bloody dark at the moment and i am working weekends as well.You know what its like, to jack up the car its gotta be on level ground and be able to see lol.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 December 2019, 10:25:00 »

Identical  :y

Cheers Al. :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.