Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate Homebase  (Read 1772 times)

Martin_1962

I hate Homebase
« on: 03 January 2009, 16:11:19 »

I have decided I am going to swap a pipe cutter in the week worth £16 for a new one as it is unfit for purpose - it cannot cut a pipe.

Why? - blade is blunt

Gave them a chance today - I'll replace the blade - the useless tossers do not stock spare blades, so I think it is perfectly fair to demand a new one since the old one is blunt.

Anyway I have emailed Homebase head orifice and also Kopex

(Perhaps Kopex will send me a blade)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Homebase
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2009, 16:14:21 »

A poor worksman always blames his tools  ;D :P
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2009, 16:16:39 »

A poor worksman always blames his tools  ;D :P
:y ;)
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2009, 16:17:34 »

I have decided I am going to swap a pipe cutter in the week worth £16 for a new one as it is unfit for purpose - it cannot cut a pipe.

Why? - blade is blunt

Gave them a chance today - I'll replace the blade - the useless tossers do not stock spare blades, so I think it is perfectly fair to demand a new one since the old one is blunt.

Indeed Martin, if you purchased it recently and you have your receipt then they should replace it as, you say, "it is not fit for purpose". >:(

Did you ask to speak to the manager? :-? :-?  If not go back there and do so.  Usually most store managers will simply swap it without argument as it is not worth the hassle, as I know only too well! ;D ;D

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2009, 19:42:59 »

my girfriend works at homebase, and she will clarify many of the staff there aren't bright (she is though!!)

she would have got you a fresh one without question!

stuart30

« Reply #5 on: 04 January 2009, 00:36:02 »

my girfriend works at homebase, and she will clarify many of the staff there aren't bright (she is though!!)

she would have got you a fresh one without question!

Do they have a sell by date then. ;D

Normaly found homebase really rather helpfull... :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 January 2009, 00:44:18 »

I am a B&Q man myself, though word on the street is that they are going to follow in woolworths footsteps, same parent company... :(

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2009, 13:45:37 »

Why? - blade is blunt

Indeed Martin, if you purchased it recently and you have your receipt then they should replace it as, you say, "it is not fit for purpose". >:(

Did you ask to speak to the manager? :-? :-?  If not go back there and do so.  Usually most store managers will simply swap it without argument as it is not worth the hassle, as I know only too well! ;D ;D

I hate having to do this as I would rather purchase a spare blade but if the company is too incompetent to stock them they desrve to be hit like this

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2009, 15:55:00 »

I am a B&Q man myself, though word on the street is that they are going to follow in woolworths footsteps, same parent company... :(

who? B&Q or Homebase?

jjleonard

• stevenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2009, 16:07:51 »

Oh bugger. I get all my stuff in B&Q, i'd be breaked if they went out of business. I don't bother with Homebase as it seems to be full of soft furnishings these days, rather than all the bits you need to actually fix a house.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2009, 16:46:27 »

I quite like them,

I ordered 6 internal doors to be delivered, changed my mind a few days later and cancelled with a refund, lo and behold a week later they delivered them!

Cue me taking them to a different store and exchanging them for a lovely cordless drill and other stuff.

Well if they are stupid enough I can be devious enough.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.