Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The problems a faulty hazard switch fuse can cause  (Read 1316 times)

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
The problems a faulty hazard switch fuse can cause
« on: 13 September 2006, 09:12:53 »

I thought i'd post this up as it may help someone if they have/may have the same problem that i've had. I also thought i'd post it as i'm amazed at the amount of things that went down with this dodgy fuse!

Here's the symptoms i had (on and off for a month and all of yesterday);

-No indicators flashing when i 'beep' my central locking
-No rev counter, speedo, petrol gauge, temp gauge
-MID not working
-Mileage not clocking up
-Stereo had power light on but didn't work
-Interior courtesy light didn't work
-Hazard's didn't work

I think that about covers it, well that's all i noticed at least! Anyway, the cause of all of these problems was due to an old (NOT BROKEN!) hazard switch fuse, nothing else! It was merely old, dodgy and would only work if i wiggled it lol

So to sum up, if you experience any of the above symptoms check your hazard switch fuse! I never realised such a small thing could cause such a chain of faults throughout my car  :exclamation

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
Re: The problems a faulty hazard switch fuse can c
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2006, 10:43:54 »

Glad it's sorted Tezray.

That fuse does feed a couple of other circuits, including the brake lights and ECU of the 2.6 and 3.2, I believe!

« Last Edit: 13 September 2006, 10:44:12 by Hillper »
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2006, 10:49:36 »

Glad it's sorted Tezray.

That fuse does feed a couple of other circuits, including the brake lights and ECU of the 2.6 and 3.2, I believe!

Important fuse from the sounds of it, good to see you got it sorted tezray :)

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2006, 19:43:03 »

Does the brake lights as well  :o I drove around loads last night with everything not working!

I'm glad it's sorted too, although now my exhaust manifolds have started blowing as well.....I think its because i didn't use new bolts when i refitted them and now they've worked loose. My patience for this car is really starting to run low now, i'm considering selling up soon to be honest, once the manifolds are sorted  ::)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2006, 10:33:54 »

Does the brake lights as well  :o I drove around loads last night with everything not working!

I'm glad it's sorted too, although now my exhaust manifolds have started blowing as well.....I think its because i didn't use new bolts when i refitted them and now they've worked loose. My patience for this car is really starting to run low now, i'm considering selling up soon to be honest, once the manifolds are sorted  ::)

Selling up, after carrying out that work I wouldn't imo as the car you will get next may need the same job doing in time where as its already done with your current car.

Manifold yeah I have been having problems with mine as its blowing again, and to top it there is blue smoke which I found when it had its MOT, your suggestion you made maybe correct seem to remember you saying that you replaced the rad then the HG went :) ;D been driving mine since the MOT blue smoke is not constant and so I need to get it compression tested first, garage I took it to said could be piston rings bearings or valve stem seals, pretty much what everyone else on here has mentioned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.