Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sounds 'proper pervy' by the standards of 2020.  (Read 1739 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Sounds 'proper pervy' by the standards of 2020.
« on: 26 January 2020, 14:24:57 »

Whilst eating my lunch I heard Maurice Chevalier on the radio singing 'thank heavens for little girls'

I doubt we'll hear a new version any time soon.

How times change.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Sounds 'proper pervy' by the standards of 2020.
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2020, 15:50:42 »

You sir, have a one track mind. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2020, 16:59:12 »

It's the way the world has changed, Mr Ronny.

Back in the day it would have been seen as a charming song that all the old people would sing along to :-\. An innocent song.

These days, thanks to the gutter press, society see's 'kiddie fiddlers' everywhere.

As small kids we would be out from 8 AM to 8PM without any supervision. :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2020, 17:43:48 »

Back in the day it would have been seen as a charming song that all the old people would sing along to :-\. An innocent song.

These days, thanks to the gutter press, society see's 'kiddie fiddlers' everywhere.

And look how you turned out  ;D :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2020, 18:19:52 »

That is Opti because they are everywhere. Just locally I know of 4;  one from Ashford who was considered “prolific” at it when sentenced with many victims was fairly recently murdered in prison( :y :y); my daughter knew one who was convicted and sentenced to 12 years jail, then another two we know of that served their time and are now walking the streets around here. They are just the four we know of over the last few years. >:( >:(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2020, 18:23:00 »

That is Opti because they are everywhere
. Just locally I know of 4;  one from Ashford who was considered “prolific” at it when sentenced with many victims was fairly recently murdered in prison( :y :y); my daughter knew one who was convicted and sentenced to 12 years jail, then another two we know of that served their time and are now walking the streets around here. They are just the four we know of over the last few years. >:( >:(

Possibly Lizzie......but I don't think they are breeding. They have always been around.  :) :-* :-* :-*

As a historian you will know that early in the Victorian era girls could be married by age 12. The poor undernourished 12 year olds were probably the size and weight of an 8 year old today.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2020, 18:25:43 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2020, 18:25:43 »

. Just locally I know of 4;  one from Ashford who was considered “prolific” at it when sentenced with many victims was fairly recently murdered in prison( :y :y); my daughter knew one who was convicted and sentenced to 12 years jail, then another two we know of that served their time and are now walking the streets around here. They are just the four we know of over the last few years. >:( >:(

Possibly Lizzie......but I don't think they are breeding. They have always been around.  :) :-* :-* :-*

Absolutely they have, and I know that for a fact from experiences in my early years when no one seemed to talk about it :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2020, 18:27:01 »

Absolutely they have, and I know that for a fact from experiences in my early years when no one seemed to talk about it :(

Read  my bit about poor Victorian girls Lizzie.......I think I have it right. :) :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2020, 19:44:33 »

Read  my bit about poor Victorian girls Lizzie.......I think I have it right. :) :-* :-* :-*

You have, but they actually were the lucky ones to live to the age of 12, and not die of illness or working in factories.
 Times were different, with many adults lucky to reach an age of 35.  Thefore the sooner girls were married and producing children the better as far as the working class Victorian family was concerned.  More children in the family meant at least a few would survive childhood, whilst also earning money until they died or moved on to start their own families.

Hard Times indeed! :'( :'(

:-* :-* ;)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2020, 19:48:51 »

You have, but they actually were the lucky ones to live to the age of 12, and not die of illness or working in factories.
 Times were different, with many adults lucky to reach an age of 35.  Thefore the sooner girls were married and producing children the better as far as the working class Victorian family was concerned.  More children in the family meant at least a few would survive childhood, whilst also earning money until they died or moved on to start their own families.

and the same thing still happens today in the slums of India, Africa and South America ... low life expectancy leads to higher birth rates ... always has and probably always will ..... :(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2020, 20:13:35 »

and the same thing still happens today in the slums of India, Africa and South America ... low life expectancy leads to higher birth rates ... always has and probably always will ..... :(

Yes,indeed :y

I would also add that in those countries, as in early Victorian England, a young women, as early as possible after the start of her menstrual cycle, was at her best for giving birth to children. The younger the women is, and this is still true today in Britain, in having her children the less chance of “complications” in the babies development and birth. In Victorian England the chances of dying in child birth were very high, and the more children a women had, the older she got, and the greater the chance of death. 

Today in third World countries, away from modern medical support, that is still the case. But, even in 2020 a British women leaving the start of having a family later and later, to into their late 30’s as many now do, still risk having “complications”, such as miscarriage, a disabled baby, or even death. It is still the case that is is ‘easier’ for young women to produce healthy babies than for older ones. ;)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2020, 21:28:01 »

Yes,indeed :y

I would also add that in those countries, as in early Victorian England, a young women, as early as possible after the start of her menstrual cycle, was at her best for giving birth to children. The younger the women is, and this is still true today in Britain, in having her children the less chance of “complications” in the babies development and birth. In Victorian England the chances of dying in child birth were very high, and the more children a women had, the older she got, and the greater the chance of death. 

Today in third World countries, away from modern medical support, that is still the case. But, even in 2020 a British women leaving the start of having a family later and later, to into their late 30’s as many now do, still risk having “complications”, such as miscarriage, a disabled baby, or even death. It is still the case that is is ‘easier’ for young women to produce healthy babies than for older ones. ;)

Some women also find childbirth much easier than others. My first wife didn't hang around with contractions to birth taking about 1 hour. My eldest daughter was even quicker with each birth taking less time so the midwife decided the travel time to hospital would be too long for her third, so she ought to have a home birth & she was right where from 1st contractions to birth taking 20 minutes, so the local midwife only just got there in time!
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.