Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 23:21:57 
Started by Drewomega - Last post by dave the builder
Seemingly the asylum seekers lawyers tell them that converting gives them a better chance of it being granted.
so , if i say I'm Cristian ,I can get asylum seeker status  :-\
and get lots of free cash and a house  :-\  ::)  :P  :D
Budget for a paint job.
Bit pricey  :o
I'll do an oil change on one of the tractor juice engines before signing on  :D

on: Yesterday at 23:14:38 
Started by Migv6 le Frog Fan - Last post by Kevin Wood
Have swapped plug, stick coil and injector between 1 and 3,  but code stayed at pot 3. The most recent incident though only threw up cat efficiency code .
Maybe because I stopped and put petrol in to bring the fuel level back up, rather than keep driving until I got home.
A mechanic on another forum claims that cylinder specific codes on these arent always accurate and can be taken with a pinch of salt ?
Will have a check of injector wiring, but if that doesnt provide any answers Im going to run the fuel level low again, and then see if I can make some progress with it.
Maybe completely empty and clean out the tank and then start fresh from there.
It isnt a huge problem so far, but pretty irritating, and may get worse until I diagnose it properly.

Which might be why we ended up replacing 2 of them on my colleague's car. And I think he'd already had the third replaced by an AA man...

on: Yesterday at 23:11:33 
Started by robson - Last post by johnnydog
I have in the past tried to find out what the rules are, as far as a mot, if one doorlock  is not working with the remote.

I've never known ANY tester locking or unlocking any car I've ever presented for a test, either by the fob, key or in the case of a 'non central locking' car, the key / door locking buttons.....

on: Yesterday at 23:08:06 
Started by Drewomega - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Seemingly the asylum seekers lawyers tell them that converting gives them a better chance of it being granted.
Budget for a paint job.

on: Yesterday at 23:07:31 
Started by Viral_Jim - Last post by Doctor Gollum
The V6 mundano was either a 2.9 or 3.0 IIRC, so a bit disappointing.

2.5 24V Duratec V6, I believe. The godawful 12v V6s were dead and buried by then.
Butchered Mazda lump as seen in the Ford Probation.

The 2.8i Cologne was pretty handy in the Xr4x4, but that didn't weigh much over a ton. And with a 5 speed and LSD was pretty effective in the MK2 Granada too. >:D

The 2.9 24v was a totally different animal and with the weight advantage would keep a full fat Omega in check.

on: Yesterday at 23:03:27 
Started by robson - Last post by Doctor Gollum
I have in the past tried to find out what the rules are, as far as a mot, if one doorlock  is not working with the remote.
Irrelevant as long as the door handle works inside and out. Removing the CL motors simply stops the remote control from operating the locks. As long as the key works in the driver's door, and ideally the passenger door (pre facelift had a lock cylinder on both sides. Retrofitting this to a facelift should be easy enough.

On a facelift saloon you may want to keep the remote access to be able to pop the boot from outside the car (irrelevant on pre facelift and estate as long as the key operates the mechanical lock), but this should still work even if the front door motors are removed. Easy enough to test.

Whilst experimenting, leave at least one window open just in case.

on: Yesterday at 22:43:18 
Started by Viral_Jim - Last post by Kevin Wood
The V6 mundano was either a 2.9 or 3.0 IIRC, so a bit disappointing.

2.5 24V Duratec V6, I believe. The godawful 12v V6s were dead and buried by then.

on: Yesterday at 22:39:17 
Started by Drewomega - Last post by dave the builder

on: Yesterday at 22:36:24 
Started by robson - Last post by dave the builder
As long as the doors open with the door handles (inside and out) and close securely  it's a pass  ;)
Fuel door flap must open to inspect that the fuel cap is in place
boot and bonnet need to close securely

remote /central locking by fob or key turn in door is NOT an MOT requirement

on: Yesterday at 22:27:05 
Started by robson - Last post by robson

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.