Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

3.2 Rear Discs

(1/5) > >>

Ant - Petrol Blue Thirty Two:
Hi to all.  Think maybe be needing new rear discs (vented?) soonish.  Fitted Brembo to the front recently but can't seem to locate Brembo for the rear.  In any case, I know that some 'after' brands are rubbish but are there any other reliable makes (if indeed Brembo is?) you guys would swear by?  2002 3.2 Elite saloon.  Thanks in advance. Ant

PS.  as a by the way, What is the little amber light under the interior mirror that shines at night for?  Thanks

Doctor Gollum:
PS first... That's 'Indirect Night Lighting' for the centre console. Standard on Elite and part of the 'Rain Sensor Pack'  :y

TB will doubtless say that they are shit, but Apec do the job just make sure they are vented as solids will result in death*.

No excuses for not fitting genuine pads though as they are readily available on Ebay for £10-12 :y

*This might sound dramatic, but if you use solids, the pistons will eventually pass the seals as the pads wear, resulting in catastrophic fluid loss... The result of which will be soiled pants at best and total carnage and fatalities at worst.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 19 February 2019, 12:58:20 ---PS first... That's 'Indirect Night Lighting' for the centre console. Standard on Elite and part of the 'Rain Sensor Pack'  :y

TB will doubtless say that they are shit, but Apec do the job just make sure they are vented as solids will result in death*.

No excuses for not fitting genuine pads though as they are readily available on Ebay for £10-12 :y

*This might sound dramatic, but if you use solids, the pistons will eventually pass the seals as the pads wear, resulting in catastrophic fluid loss... The result of which will be soiled pants at best and total carnage and fatalities at worst.

--- End quote ---

What he said  :y :y

Webby the Bear:
With dg. I’ve always liked fitting apec. Their fitment has always been spot on and never had a complaint. Having said that I currently have mintex on the back. No complaints from me but I have heard some folk not get on with them 👍

Ant - Petrol Blue Thirty Two:
Thanks to all for your replies and advice.  APEC(?) are available from where usually?  Although unavailable it seems, is Brembo a solid make then?  Thanks for the explanation of mirror light too - I moved an air freshener and noticed it for the first time in I won't tell you how many years I've had the car, cough cough.  Ant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version