Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bit slushy...  (Read 612 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Bit slushy...
« on: 15 September 2015, 10:52:13 »

Recently, in the Parts section, I wanted a set of headlight protectors. (Thanks to those who responded)
However, I sourced a pair from the bay (thanks amba, for the link). As I would be in Newent when the auction ended, I contacted the seller to explain the situation. Also, they were collection only in Poole, where we were going to next, for 3 weeks. Thanks to TB, who had internet at Newent, I found out I was the only bidder and won them for £12.
After getting here, I contacted the seller and arranged pickup. The lady said they were her dad's who had died. He had a Monza and his beloved Omega. She said they sold the Omega 'As mum could not bare to see it sitting on the drive'. P ex'd it in and were ripped off. But that is their story.
When i said I was an 'oofer' she was delighted, and said, 'I know these protectors are only a small item, but mum will be so pleased they are going to an Omega enthusiast'.
She said her dad was a 'bigwig' at the Ellesmere Port Vauxhall plant, and also later ran a few Vauxhall dealerships. If they came across any more bits she would let me know.

Sorry a bit slushy and lond-winded, but I am bored ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Bit slushy...
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2015, 12:03:33 »

Noo, a nice story.

It's a shame to see a very nice Omega gets stripped for parts - however the good in it is, at the very least all those parts are going to keep another Omega running, and that can only be a good thing. Keep us updated  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: Bit slushy...
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2015, 15:04:21 »

Recently, in the Parts section, I wanted a set of headlight protectors. (Thanks to those who responded)
However, I sourced a pair from the bay (thanks amba, for the link). As I would be in Newent when the auction ended, I contacted the seller to explain the situation. Also, they were collection only in Poole, where we were going to next, for 3 weeks. Thanks to TB, who had internet at Newent, I found out I was the only bidder and won them for £12.
After getting here, I contacted the seller and arranged pickup. The lady said they were her dad's who had died. He had a Monza and his beloved Omega. She said they sold the Omega 'As mum could not bare to see it sitting on the drive'. P ex'd it in and were ripped off. But that is their story.
When i said I was an 'oofer' she was delighted, and said, 'I know these protectors are only a small item, but mum will be so pleased they are going to an Omega enthusiast'.
She said her dad was a 'bigwig' at the Ellesmere Port Vauxhall plant, and also later ran a few Vauxhall dealerships. If they came across any more bits she would let me know.

Sorry a bit slushy and lond-winded, but I am bored ;D

Are they the ones that fix by Velcro  :-\
Omegatitis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.