Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todays Work  (Read 1884 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Todays Work
« on: 13 May 2007, 09:56:12 »

Oil change on MV6 -- I HATE those bloody cannisters  >:(
Coolant change on MV6
Replace dash lights that are blown
Pop radiator out from veccy v6 to flush.
cut grass...

wonder where the first "spanner in the works will be :-/"

Probably something over tightened / rounded / or rain

Have a nice day all  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Todays Work
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2007, 10:02:26 »

I've already got a couple hundred miles on the new oil and filter in my boot.  That counts, right?  ::)
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2007, 10:04:55 »

I've already got a couple hundred miles on the new oil and filter in my boot.  That counts, right?  ::)

;D ;D if you kep it much more in there you will need to swap it with some new stuff  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2007, 11:06:09 »

I'm supposed to be attempting my first MV6 oil change today but it's p**ing down and It's a struggle getting SWMBO's MX-5 into the garage let alone the Omega, such is the level of junk. Was going to cut the 8" tall grass too ;D. Guess I'll start by clearing the garage out. Or slump in front of the PC all day as usual ::)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2007, 11:30:58 »

More coolant investigations on the tractor. Not sure what to try, and its raining....

The Rover is probably due another oil/coolant change (very regular at moment due to HG failure in Jan), and the MV6 needs a clean...   ...but I'm out of antifreeze again, and I ain't washing the car in this weather ::).  Besides, I am still recovering from the France trip, and their 10% beers  :-[
« Last Edit: 13 May 2007, 11:31:44 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2007, 13:22:17 »

well cooland change nearly done. Ran it for last time there thinking it would be enough but its still not pink enough so one more flush.

Rain is threatening - i hear you guys down south are getting drookit today  :-/

And oil change is an initial cropper......theres no way in hell that cannister has been done to 15nm .......

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2007, 13:23:36 »

More coolant investigations on the tractor. Not sure what to try, and its raining....

The Rover is probably due another oil/coolant change (very regular at moment due to HG failure in Jan), and the MV6 needs a clean...   ...but I'm out of antifreeze again, and I ain't washing the car in this weather ::).  Besides, I am still recovering from the France trip, and their 10% beers  :-[

ive used about 15 litres of anti freeze so far (including what i believe will be last flush) is this right? seems a lot to me....

least the rover oil change is an absolute doddle positioning wise Jamie  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2007, 13:54:49 »

ive used about 15 litres of anti freeze so far (including what i believe will be last flush) is this right? seems a lot to me....

least the rover oil change is an absolute doddle positioning wise Jamie  :y
It is absolutely chucking it down here, so Rover won't get down.  Currently got the tractor idling, running Forte coolant cleaner through.  So I will deal with that in a while, otherwise, its an indoor day today :(

On my project TB1, I flushed daily with water, then after a couple of weeks, went to weekly with 50:50
Grumpy old man

HI2DVY

• Intermediate Member
  • Deepest Darkest, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2007, 14:36:12 »

well cooland change nearly done. Ran it for last time there thinking it would be enough but its still not pink enough so one more flush.

And oil change is an initial cropper......theres no way in hell that cannister has been done to 15nm .......

Watch you don't loosen the whole filter mount when trying to loosen the housing. There is some confusion on how tight the housing should be tightened to. Although it says 15Nm on the housing, it says 25Nm in TIS  :-/

Why not just watch the Grand Prix instead?  :y
some day.....

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2007, 14:39:21 »

Watch you don't loosen the whole filter mount when trying to loosen the housing. There is some confusion on how tight the housing should be tightened to. Although it says 15Nm on the housing, it says 25Nm in TIS  :-/

Why not just watch the Grand Prix instead?  :y

its off - oil change done, coolant change done,

Grand prix....no thanks..... :-/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2007, 14:40:21 »

Well, garage tidied up and oil change achieved without incident. Old filter was well manky, causing me to wonder if they bothered last time, but the housing came apart no problems.

I cerainly wouldn't have wanted to run it another 14,000 on that oil  :o

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 May 2007, 15:06:37 »

Flushed the coolant with the Forte stuff, and taken for a spin. Don't think its made a difference.
Grumpy old man

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 May 2007, 15:58:39 »

Did my oil and filter yesterday jacked the car up on the n/s crawled underneath, dropped the oil out, removed the filter housing, oh fook! the oil in the housing took an unexpected tradjectury and I ended up with an oil shampoo,with more oil in my hair than Brian Ferry >:( .Dont you just hate it when that happens
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 May 2007, 23:34:08 »

Well, it ended up running down my arm, and it was a little warm. In flinching I hit my elbow on the exhaust downpipe, which was somewhat warmer  :o

Mental note to let it all cool down a bit more next time.

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.