Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: bmw 530  (Read 24811 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: bmw 530
« Reply #90 on: 15 September 2013, 15:46:09 »

Sorry to hear this, as above as he was the original owner, with insurance now paid out he would have first choice I would have thought.

Reading through it all, the alarm bells would be ringing for me based on some of your earlier posts.

Fact the seller had no feed back is a big concern, and very new account registration, then account going dead after you sold it.

eBay really is full of scumbags these days, I only use it when its for cheapo-crapo items, I'm finding myself avoiding it more and more.

mantahatch

« Reply #91 on: 15 September 2013, 16:04:52 »

Sorry to read about all this.

I thought once insurance had paid out then the old owner has no rights to the car. If he is interested I would wonder why. is this some kind of scam involving the original owner as well. If he/she gets it back does it happen again.

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15 September 2013, 16:57:51 »

I thought once insurance had paid out then the old owner has no rights to the car. If he is interested I would wonder why. is this some kind of scam involving the original owner as well. If he/she gets it back does it happen again.

I hope this is the case as im without a car and very little money left to get another one ,   The police officer who spoke to the original owner told me he would be interested in buying the car back for Centemental reasons ,   seems fishy dont it lol

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 15 September 2013, 20:52:42 »

I hope this is the case as im without a car and very little money left to get another one ,   The police officer who spoke to the original owner told me he would be interested in buying the car back for Centemental reasons ,   seems fishy dont it lol

Not really mate.  If MY car was stolen, I'd want it back if it were still in good condition, especially if I've already been paid market value for it.

A car, that I want (because I bought it in the first place) for FREE?  Suspicious??????????????????  No - Common Sense.

Likely the owner would have to pay a few hundred pounds to have the car returned to him....  No brainer!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 15 September 2013, 21:01:30 »

The vehicle belongs to the insurance company, the previous owner could buy it back, but they would pay whatever the applicable rate for a category X vehicle is.
If they didn't want it, it may be offered to the OP. If not, the vehicle would be sold via Copart. The vehicle will however carry the Cat X marker meaning it's a 'stolen, recovered vehicle'.

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 15 September 2013, 21:12:57 »

guess im dead in the water then  :'( :'(

mantahatch

« Reply #96 on: 15 September 2013, 21:14:37 »

Not really mate.  If MY car was stolen, I'd want it back if it were still in good condition, especially if I've already been paid market value for it.

A car, that I want (because I bought it in the first place) for FREE?  Suspicious? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??  No - Common Sense.

Likely the owner would have to pay a few hundred pounds to have the car returned to him....  No brainer!

I have to disagree, why would it be free ? after all the old owner has been paid out.  why was the original owner informed the car has been recovered ? why would the insurance company sell it to the original owner, surely they would do whatever recovers the best price for the insurance company.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 15 September 2013, 21:16:06 »

agreed, previous owner now has to pay market value, the insurance company will want to re-coup the money. Either via auction or back to the owner.

The owner cannot get a pay-out, then the car back for nothing  ::)

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 15 September 2013, 21:31:58 »

the previous owner has to be informed as he was the last keeper of the vehicle,   the police do not contact insurance company's   

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 15 September 2013, 23:16:46 »

So what happened to the seller? Have the Police caught up with him?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

rockhound

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 15 September 2013, 23:24:27 »

What about the money i have spent on the car ?   Fitted new brakes all round at a cost of £450,   oil change at £45 ,  filled the car with diesel at £90 purchased engine mount from BMW for £60 thats why it went in the first place for that repair ,    am i out of pocket for all that too or will they take this into account on the asking price back for the vehicle  ?   

05omegav6

« Reply #101 on: 16 September 2013, 06:30:20 »

You've got more chance of the Police delivering the car back freshly valeted with a bunch of flowers ::)

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #102 on: 16 September 2013, 08:19:01 »

Which Police Force is it?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #103 on: 16 September 2013, 09:37:20 »

What about the money i have spent on the car ?   Fitted new brakes all round at a cost of £450,   oil change at £45 ,  filled the car with diesel at £90 purchased engine mount from BMW for £60 thats why it went in the first place for that repair ,    am i out of pocket for all that too or will they take this into account on the asking price back for the vehicle  ?

if you have your receipts , you can claim your changed items only (from the original owner when he gets it) but not the car .. because you have paid for a stolen car.. :(   the only way to take your money back is to find the person who sells you..

and believe me its not that hard.. if you had a phone call to his mobile number police can back track the areas it has signal.. but if they want to :-\ (not sure how long they keep records so hurry) also they can find who are being called from this number..  I am sure he made some calls to wife or home etc etc.. and it is your right to ask for those numbers from the mobile company (if you have a lawyer)..
« Last Edit: 16 September 2013, 09:47:12 by cem »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #104 on: 16 September 2013, 09:48:53 »

you can take your money back, but it will take time and more money I'm afraid :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.